2nd eating phase

missmarki
on 6/29/06 2:02 am - Lancaster, VA
Hey Everyone, I am now 2 weeks out of surgery and down 28 lbs. I am not able to eat soft foods. My question is does anyone know of a complete list of things we can eat now. They gave me a list of some things but I still have questions on foods. I am doing really well with the eating. I just would like to know of everything we can eat now. I know mashed potatoes, baked potatoes, canned veggies, canned fruit, large pasta, hot/cold cereal and egg scramblers. Can anyone help? Thanks. Crystal
missmarki
on 6/29/06 2:03 am - Lancaster, VA
Sorry, I am NOW able to eat soft foods. Crystal
Amy B.
on 6/29/06 4:11 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Hi Crystal.. I'm a week out. Pasta is a no-no for me but the other things on your list look fine. Also chicken or tuna whirled in a food chopper with a little mayo and dash of salt. Hard boiled egg can be done the same way. Chicken can be done without the mayo but you need broth or gravy to moisten it well. Cottage cheese and refried beans w/cheese and of course whatever protein supplement you use in between. It's not an endless buffet....but I think it's ok. I also use vanilla unjury protein to make a fortified pudding. I mix one scoop with the small box of fat free/sugar free pudding mix and then I whisk in 2 cups of skim milk. I've only tried one scoop so far so it's only 5 g protein a serving but it counts as a fluid like yogurt would. Some people are up to adding two scoops so you then get 10 g protein per serving. I'll probably try that before long. Right now I can't eat it all and end up throwing out one serving. Hope this helps! Amy
missmarki
on 6/29/06 4:28 am - Lancaster, VA
Hi Amy, We can have pasta as long as they are large noodles and no red sauce. I have tried the pudding, it's good. I just want to see if other dr's gave any different foods ideas since all are different. Thanks. Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views