Thank You Donna M.

prissy25
on 6/29/06 10:37 am - Barboursville, VA
Thanks sweet Donna for the box of clothes, I just love the belt cant wait to find something to wear w/ it. You are such a doll, it was great seeing you and meeting your husband this past weekend. Hugsssss....
Shanana
on 6/29/06 8:33 pm - Altavista, VA
Aint Miss Donna just a sweety!!!! Love you Donna!! Shannon You look GREAT!!!!!!
Jennifer V.
on 6/30/06 9:21 am - Waynesboro, VA
Hey Melina and shanana, I need some advice. I went back to work Monday. I've felt pretty good excep my stomach hurts from the clothes rubbing on it. Today I startd having some pain just above my belly button. It's not really bad, but I can feel it. I'm having a terrible time with protein. I average 10 g per day and 40-50 oz of fluid. I just can't tomach the protein in any form. I'm wondering if the stomach pain is related to hardle eating anything. I'm weaker than I was and my famioy has gone away for the weekend. guess I'mf feeling a little sorry for myself. I'm still taking my multi vitamin. As long as I keep taking the vitamin and drink a reasonable amount of fluid between now and Wednesday (my appt in Pennsylvania) do you think I'll be OK? I'm so sleepy I'm already in my nightgown. Hope to hear from yu soon.
Shanana
on 7/1/06 11:00 pm - Altavista, VA
Hey Jenn. Sorry for the late reply. I have been gone alot and had company. Just wear dresses if you have to. One of my incisions was just above my belly button and that one hurt w/ clothes too. I either had to wear dresses or pants that did not rub. Are you on foods yet? Try to get protein in anyway you can. It helps you heal. Adding powdered milk to anything you can doubles the protein. 1/3 cup equals 8 grms. I made pudding early on and added it and just ate small bites. I am so luck I could tolerate the shakes early on. My taste buds have changed though and have to stick to the ones I can stomach. Nectar products are my favorite. Ask for samples from anysite you can. I have some phone #s i will try to find for you. I will email you my cell phone # is you want to call me. Love and hugs Shannon
~ Julie ~
on 7/2/06 12:41 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Hi Jenn, Is the pain near but not exactly at a staple line? Is it burning? I had something similar after surgery, and told the doc about it. He told me it was just healing going on and that it would eventually stop. One night I got into bed and laid down and there was a horrible burning pain (and I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but this nearly brought me to tears) halfway between the drain site and one of the port sites. It went on for about five minutes, and then, poof, it was gone. Completely. Never came back after that. I hope you have something similar going on, and that it just disappears one day. If you are getting in so much fluid, try drinking Isopure for protein (in the bottles, I had a sample of the Vanilla powder and it was really sweet to me). It barely has a protein taste at all, and reminds me something of a Sobe or Arizona or one of those other fruit juices, but it doesn't have any sugar and has 40 grams of protein. You can't really absorb that much protein at once, but if you nurse it all day, it would definitely bump your protein intake up. Plus, since it's premixed in WATER it also counts towards water intake. Or maybe you should try Profect or that generic Profect (IDS, I think?). Those are not very big and they have 25g per vial. Both options are a little expensive, but worth it if you are not able to get more protein in. Are you only taking the multivitamin? Try adding a B-12 (sublingual), and you might find yourself with more energy. Later on you would add a B Complex (about 4-6 weeks out) (I'm currently using liquid B Complex as I have not been released to swallow pills, and while it is thick and yellow and kind of gross, it really bumped my energy level up when I needed it). Don't forget your iron or calcium either. (I don't know what if any of these you're taking now) Good luck, Julie
(deactivated member)
on 6/30/06 11:30 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Melinda and Shannon, well aren't you the nicest!! You're very welcome. You know I got so many clothes in my early months from Jill, Diana, and Kathy, I didn't worry at all about buying until just recently. It was a blessing for sure. You're going to look great in the belt!! we had a great time this last weekend as well. Greg always loves meeting the OH people!! He's quiet, but he enjoys the outings! love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views