Just a quick hello!

SavanahJ
on 6/27/06 11:52 am - Richmond, VA
Although I've heard quite a bit about this site since having open Gastric Bypass last year. A new post-op mentioned it to me a few days ago because it was where she'd learned about some WLS activities taking place in Richmond. So, I thought I'd check it out. I'm pleased to see how many of Dr. Schroder's patients belong to the site! More later! Savanah
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/06 8:52 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hi Savanah .. welcome .. Yes there was a great big Life Celebration this past weekend . It was called Boogie and Spla**** is headed up by David Becker ( www.stapledup.com ) and myself . We put on a WLS Expo in January and decided to do it again this summer . Stay tuned as we are now in the planning phases for our January 07 Event . This is a great board to meet others that live your journey . I came here 2 years ago and have found so many new friendships . As info .. The site I posted for David is still under construction , but should be up and running soon . You will be able to get info from his site . Again Welcome ! Natalie
TammyNVA
on 6/27/06 9:02 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Welcome Savanah, I had surgery almost 7 months ago. The emotional support I have received from my sisters and brothers in WLS from this messageboard is incredible. I'm so glad you found us! Hugs, Tammy
Chyanne2u
on 6/28/06 10:24 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Welcome Savanah, So glad you decided to come and join in on our fun. I took a look at your profile and you look amazing. What a difference the weight or lack of it makes. I am pre-op with my surgery scheduled July 3rd which is coming really fast. You are so welcome here and if there is anything I can do or if you just want to talk, don't hesitate to let me know. E mail me anytime. Lots of Love Kathy-5 days & counting
SavanahJ
on 6/28/06 5:09 pm - Richmond, VA
What a great way to celebrate Independence Day, Chyanne! From what I've heard, you have a GREAT surgeon. Even in passing, he takes time to say hello to folks who aren't a part of Commonwealth Surgeons. Eventually, I'll get my journey written out on my profile. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a line! Savanah
Amber B.
on 6/29/06 2:10 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi, Savanah, I'm new here too, so welcome! You won't even believe the information I've received just being around here for a week or so. Good gravy. This is way worth the time and energy spent on the Internet. Welcome! Amber
SavanahJ
on 6/29/06 8:11 am - Richmond, VA
Hey, thanks Amber! Did I see that date correctly? You're in the countdown mode? How's that going? Savanah
Amber B.
on 6/29/06 10:59 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
I'm VERY excited and nervous. It's happening very fast and I haven't gotten everything together yet. I'm one of those types that has to do everything in a certain order and I can't rest until it's done. Bad character defect, but I'm working on it. I'm really happy that its finally happening though, it's been a long time in the making. I've got a great doctor and support system, so everything should go fine. How has everything worked out for you???? Amber
SavanahJ
on 6/30/06 8:54 pm - Richmond, VA
Amber, It's been quite a journey. November 2004 I weighed 326 pounds. By the morning of surgery March 31, 2006, I'd lost 15 pounds and went into surgery a women's size 32/men's 5X. I wore 54 waist Levis, size 9W shoes, and a size 10 on the ring finger of my left hand, had to wear a man's bracelet, and had a BMI of 54.3. At 5'4.5" it was challenging to move about--to say the very least. It was a daily emotional, physical, and psychological challenge to motivate myself to get up and go. I was the queen of couch potatoes (so I felt) and was eating myself into an early grave! I had extremely poor intestinal health and was in pain every day in my back, knees, hips, and abdomen. Today? I weigh 130, have a BMI of 22.1. I was below goal by one year post-op. (Goal was 140 pounds.) I wear a 4/6 P in women's slacks & jeans, S/M in tops, regular width shoes anywhere from 7.5 to 8.5 depending on the manufacutuer, a standard women's bracelet, and a Size 6.75 on the ring finger of my left hand. I started running this past October, have run three events, and improved my time from an 18-minute mile to a 12.5-minute mile. My goal by the end of 2007 is to run my first marathon. Previsouly I'd never even thought about running let alone actually doing it. I struggled previously to walk a block without stopping and can now run 6 miles without stopping! I've lost a total of 181 pounds since surgery and 149 inches! It's been an emotional ride--especially in the beginning, as I had a symbiotic relationship with food. We were like "this." (Crossing fingers) I went through many phases regarding the death and rebirth of that relationship taking it from something extremely unhealthy to one of concious intention. It's been well worth the roller coaster, and the results of my dedication to using this tool are cause for celebration and congratulations. I turned 44 yesterday (June 30) and at mid-day realized I'd never celebrated my birthday as a thin "adult." I weighed over 300 pounds for 15+ years and had been either overweight, obese or severely morbidly obese since the age of 12. To truly express how this journey has affected my life would take much more time and space than this format will allow--so watch for my book. LOL! Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY! Best wishes to YOU on the continuation of YOUR journey! Savanah
Amber B.
on 7/2/06 9:19 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Wow, it sounds like an amazing journey. Thank you for taking the time out to share with me. Congrats on a job well done. It sounds like you've really taken this serious and have changed your life for the better. I can't wait until I can do some of those marathons. I've never been to enjoy running, but I love helping out any charity in any way that I can and doing the walks are very helpful. Happy Late Birthday, btw, I hope you spent a great day with the ones you love and definitely celebrating that you will be having MANY more of those birthdays because of the choice you made to save your life. My best friend had her surgery right around the same time that you did. Her name is Liane, she was on this site for a little while. She has done incredibly well and definitely has been an inspiration for me. I better get back to work, hope you have a great 4th! Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views