Prayers and support needed

TammyNVA
on 6/27/06 9:19 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Some of you may remember my heartfelt wish and prayers that my beautiful, sweet daughter Lauren would come to the time in her life where she can take control of her obesity. Yesterday Lauren received some devistating news... the lower 3 discs in her back have deteriorated because of her weight. The orthopedic surgeon has prescribed physical therapy to build the muscles in her back to help support her, as well as referred her to a doctor specializing in PAIN MANAGEMENT, as she can expect this to cause her pain for the rest of her life. Lauren will be 22 in 2 weeks... We immediately made an appointment, for today, with our PCP so that he can put together what she needs for insurance approval for WLS. We've also left a message with Hillary at Commonwealth Surgeon's to set an appointment. I've suggested to Lauren that she get started on her "letter" now that the emotions are so strong about how this life threatening condition is crippling her. Of course, I also told her to come here... I have faith that the love and support from everyone here will be what she needs to get her through the next phase. She's still in shock, but I'm sure when that wears off, she'll come out fighting! Thank you all for your love and kindness, Tammy
SavanahJ
on 6/27/06 9:26 pm - Richmond, VA
There is hope, Tammy! She's got a great example in you. And while she'll deal with this after the weight loss, it will be far less intense . . . especially once she strengthens the muslces supporting her back. Keepin' my fingers crossed for ya. Savanah
TammyNVA
on 6/28/06 12:30 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thank you very much
Tam
on 6/27/06 9:39 pm - Richmond, VA
Tammy, Prayers (as always) are coming your way. I will now include this on my list. Lauren has been on the list already, but I want to add this new information. Please let me know if I can do ANYTHING!!! On another note...want to get together at least once a week and walk or work out? We live close enough! Let me know what you think. {{hugs}} Tammy
TammyNVA
on 6/28/06 12:31 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thank you, Tammy... and the answer is YES! Call me/Email me... I start vacation this Friday and will be around most of the time!
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/06 9:41 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
While this is sad news about her disc ..I see it as a door opener to a healtier life via WLS . I know for years I ignored symptoms of my Obesity ... and got sicker and sicker .. and the big kicker is when I had to start injections for my diabetes . You know she has our love and support . And what a better place to come to .. everyone here walks the same walk .. some just walk it with different gaits .. Love you .. and please let her know that I am praying and thinking of her . Nat
TammyNVA
on 6/28/06 12:32 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks Nat!
Kitty Kat
on 6/27/06 9:42 pm - Richmond, VA
Morning Tammy, We will welcome her with open arms, love and support as always! I'm sorry the news isn't positive but there is hope and having faith in God will surely help. Oh she'll come out fighting just like her Momma! You and her and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! Take care, Kat
TammyNVA
on 6/28/06 12:32 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Love ya Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/06 11:51 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Tammy, what devastating news to be told when you are only 22. Hopefully she can have surgery and the pain in her back will be much more manageable after that. We are all routing for her!! Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views