back pain

Lorraina M.
on 6/26/06 11:07 pm - Ruther Glen, VA
Hello All, I am just over 3 months post op,,,,,,,,,have lost 68 lbs and am having lots of aches and back pain in my upper back. Mostly toward the end of the day, but sometimes earlier too. Yesterday it got to burning also,,,,,,,,,seems to be muscular type pain. Of course, I also have terrible pain in my butt after sitting for any period of time which is very difficult since I sit all day long at my desk at work. Anyway,,,,,,,,have any of you also experience the muscular upper back pain? Did it eventually get ok? Any thoughts out there? Thanks much,,,,,,,,,Lorraine
Christina R.
on 6/27/06 12:39 am - Reston, VA
Lorraina- I'm pre-op still so I can't help you too much but the thoughts that came to mind were that: 1) your body may be adjusting and using different muscles that it used to. (different distribution of weight and the such) 2) you're finally discovering butt bones!? 3) I know that when I don't get up and walk around during the day (desk job as well) that my muscle get fatigued from being in the same positon too long. Maybe a short break would help? 4) Drink water! My muscles/body tend to do better when I'm hydrated. Just some thoughts, hopefully someone else can share some thoughts as well. Christina S
laney
on 6/27/06 12:53 am - Raleigh, NC
When I read this it got me to thinking about my daughter's Tae Kwon Do DVD. It's a DVD that goes along with her classes. In it they offer exercises to do while sitting at your desk to help keep from straining muscles, feeling tired etc. Perhaps you should look into something like this? It might help get your circulation going during the day if you could just take a few minutes to do some sitting down exercises and help with some of the pain your feeling?? ~Laney
Ernurse323
on 6/27/06 1:52 am - Virginia Beach, VA
How is your posture since your surgery? I am wondering if you are not guarding your surgical area and either not in correct allignment or possibly lifting wrong? Usually most back pain is lower unless you are using your arms to do something. Hope you feel better soon Lorraine !! Dana
missmarki
on 6/27/06 2:21 am - Lancaster, VA
Hi Lorraine, Did they take out your gall bladder? I was having the same problem until I had my surgery 2 weeks ago and had mine removed. I had the pain right after I came home but that was probably just healing. You may want to check it out. My pain was right between the shoulder blades. Hope this helps. Crystal
Tam
on 6/27/06 3:41 am - Richmond, VA
Lorraina, Hi there. Try changing the way you are sitting. I have had the pains there and sometimes still do but they seem to go away when I sit differently. We are so used to sitting forward that it is second nature. Now we can (and should) sit back. When I do this I have hardly any pain. Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views