Arrangements (The Celebration of Cody's Life)

A10sFrau
on 6/26/06 10:27 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Helllo All my Dear Friends, I have copied here the large part of an email I sent to Tink just a little bit ago: Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. It is terrible. I have had a steady stream of visitors who all mean so much to me, and who all mean well. What I am missing, though, is the time I need to just cry and cry and cry because of my profound sadness. I expect though that when I am alone this weekend (Dusty is going on a trip to CHARLOTTE he had been planning for a year) I will have that opportunity. The Celebration of Cody's Life will be Thursday, June 29th, at 3 p.m. at the Effinger Fire House, Collierstown Rd. Lexington, VA. I am posting the arrangements, but am asking forpeople to make a donation to the Effinger FireDepartment, Collierstown Road, Lexington, VA 24450, in lieu of flowers. 5 young men, all very closefriends of Cody's and fire dept. members has stepped in and almost single-handedly arranged the logistics of her memorial service for me, including a minister from their church. The fire house is allowing me to use it at no cost. We will be making a donation to them for their tremendous concern and kindness. These young men are also cleaning and arranging everything for us, and my high school is providing light fare for celebrants (I am calling this a Celebration of Cody's Life) after the service. The young men have also said they would clean up afterwords. I know some may not care to make a contribution to the fire house so: Since having flowers sent to the funeral home makes no sense, and the firehouse would probably find them in the way until Thursday. If you want to sent flowers or cards, you should have them sent here to our home. Traditional "funeral-type" would nto have been Cody's style, rather a small arrangement of brightly colored flowers, or a house or outdoor plant that we can tend in her honor would be wonderful. Our address is: Lois Yancy Dusty Maxwell 1843 Pineview Drive Glasgow, VA 24555 I am humbled by the depth of peoples' concern and their reaching out to help and share with us, including all my Obesity Help friends. With heartfelt gratitude, Lois
BigBob Notforlong
(Gizmo)

on 6/26/06 10:39 pm - Mechanicsville, VA
Lois, I just wanted to drop a line to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. May God wrap his loving arms around you and comfort you in this time of sadness. Blessings and Peace, Bob
Amber B.
on 6/26/06 11:27 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
It sounds like a very kind and respectful way to celebrate your daughter's life. What a blessing it is to have those fireman by your side. I wish I could be there to support you, but I am in spirit. Thinking of you, Amber
Amy B.
on 6/27/06 6:46 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Thinking of you and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Peace, Amy
sue baker
on 6/27/06 10:00 am - fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 04/12/06 with
Lois, Once again I am amazed at your strength. I have only "met" you through the OH correspondence and I feel your love for Cody and Dusty and know tht you are a special human being. Was Cody's last name same or different and is there any one person particular that we would send a donation to. Also, did she have a favorite color or anything her friends at the fire department would know represented her? I know your week will be full of such long and dreaded encounters, but you are right, you are blessed with a lot of people who love you all. Sue Baker, Fredericksburg
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views