Silly Question???

jilldennis
on 6/27/06 9:50 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, All Things are slowly getting back to what I would consider "normal". I have a question. I have had it for a couple of weeks...but didn't know whether to ask it or not...I have never had this problem in my life - even when I was smaller in high school. Now that I have lost the weight...what do you do when the size small is too big? I have been shopping in the juniors department and most of the things are too cutsie or show your belly...trust me NO ONE wants to see my belly!!! I have found some petite stuff and the small petite fits pretty good but are usually too short because I have long arms and legs (I'm 5'8"). Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what have you done about it? I know Nat and I talked about it once. It's getting really hard to find stuff. I'm not complaining - because I love the size I am right now...but...any ideas or suggestions would be great! Thanks! Jill 278/261/225/136 May2005/Pre-Op/SurgeryDay/Today-Below Goal of 140
(deactivated member)
on 6/27/06 10:58 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Well .. from one skinny miny to the other .. yepper I am right there with ya .. I only purchase from major stores now . Dillards, Hechts .. Nordstroms ( When on sale ) These stores will carry our size ... you just have to look . I am teetering at a 3/4 = some 1's .. some 2's ... it all depends on how they are made , Jones NY runs small .. KC .. runs small .. and some Anne Klein things are small enough .. but I am learning from Joanne that I can get these things at the Goodwill and are just as nice off the rack . So .. give it a try .. Funny story .. I went to get a swim suit .. nothing on the rack fit .. the lady pointed to the juniors section - and over there where some suits that had Strawberry Shortcake on the bottoms, some had HOTTIE on the bottom . I looked at her and said .. Yea right... so I sit here still suitless .. My mom gave me hers .. and I wore that this weekend .. Hope this helps .. Nat
Shanana
on 6/27/06 8:29 pm - Altavista, VA
Hey Jill. Really missed you and Jon this weekend. Wish I could have gotten up w/ you this weekend. Can't wait til I have that problem. I did inherit one of your Harley tank tops from Holly. Cant wait til I feel comfortable enough to wear it out the house. Love and Hugs. Cant wait to see you again. Love Shannon
TammyNVA
on 6/27/06 8:53 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Sorry to say, I don't have this problem... YET! I'm with Shannon with I say WE MISSED YOU AND JON!!! Hope all is well with you and you are both healing nicely... keep in touch Hugs to you both, Tammy 301/195/not sure of goal, was shooting for 150, but have now decided that is too high
SavanahJ
on 6/27/06 9:41 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi, Jill! While I don't have a suggestion, I thought I'd celebrate this particular challenge with you. I'm not sure about you, but I remember a time not so long ago when the largest size on the rack was way too small! Congratulations on your WLS success! Savanah
*~Tigger~ *
on 6/28/06 10:56 am - Staunton, VA
My sweet Jill, I'm sure that you, like me, NEVER in a gazillion years thought that we'd have trouble finding stuff SMALL enough for us!! Amazing, isn't it? We really missed you guys this weekend. Hope to see you soon! The Original Mother Clucker
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views