What I have on my Medic Alert Bracelet

Tam
on 6/26/06 9:37 pm - Richmond, VA
Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass no blind ng tube / no n saids must carry water at all times Commonwealth Surgeons and phone # any additional medical alerts (for me hypoglycemia) NOTE: IF YOU HAVE THE MUST CARRY WATER AT ALL TIMES ON THERE YOU ARE ABLE TO CARRY A BOTTLE WITH YOU INTO PLACES YOU ARE NORMALLY NOT ALLOWED (i.e. AMUSEMENT PARKS, MOVIES, COURT HOUSES, ETC) this is what was recommended to me to have on there by my surgeons office and so far it has worked great. I do not want to pay a fortune for a bottle of water and this has saved me many times in many places. It is also helpful to get a discounted price or a kids menu item by having gastric bypass on there. {{hugs}} Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 6/26/06 9:39 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tammy , Alan bought me one of the beautiful bracelets . My only concern is that the charm is too small . Did you get a chance to see the ones at the event ? And how big is the one you have . Thanks for posting this . Nat
Tam
on 6/27/06 3:21 am - Richmond, VA
Nat, Hey. I did see the ones at the conference and they are beautiful! The charm is too small for what I have on mine, but great for a "dress up" event. I am considering ordering one for a spare and just condensing what I have on it. Mine is slightly larger and not decorative at all. It is gold with the charm on it instead of dangling. I will show you...or send you a pic via e mail. I ordered it off of ebay and paid about $80.00 for it, including engraving and shipping. I am happy to help...when I can! Tammy
Amber B.
on 6/26/06 11:38 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks for bringing this up, I didn't have a clue about this. I'm going to ask my doctor. I think it's a great idea. Has anyone else heard of those cards people carry around, so they can order off the kids menu? I know Outback steakhouse is VERY good about it. My best friend can eat there all the time with no issues. Amber
Tam
on 6/27/06 3:27 am - Richmond, VA
Amber, Not all doctors think it is a necessity (mine does not, but I thought it would be a good idea). It is helpful in more ways than one and I am glad I have it. It has saved me a lot of money and one day may save me a lot of pain. I have the card in my wallet. Most resturants do not require that I show the card and just let me order off of the kids menu if I want to. At 14 months post op I rarely do it now, but I did a lot in the beginning. Now I order off of the seniors menu more, using my bracelet and not my card or just order off of the regular menu and have lunch the next day or share with my hubby. Tammy
kabarron1
on 6/27/06 12:03 am - Hopewell, VA
Tammy, Hey girl!!! Where do we have one of those made? Keith
Tam
on 6/27/06 3:30 am - Richmond, VA
Keith~ Hey! I ordered mine off of ebay. I wanted a feminine looking one and I wanted real gold and not something that would turn my wrist green. I figured that this would be a life time investment so I might as well go ahead and get a good one. I paid about $80.00 for everything. I can send you the link where I ordered it from and you can look around for the men's selection if you are interested. Just let me know. How are things with you? {hugs} ~Tammy
kabarron1
on 6/27/06 3:47 am - Hopewell, VA
Tammy, I'm doing fairly well. That would be great if you'd hook me up with that link. The second time I visited the hospital I sure could've used one. They did a Blind NG. At the time I didn't realize what a big that was. I know better now!! Thanks again! Keith
Tam
on 6/27/06 3:52 am - Richmond, VA
Keith, I will post when I get home from work. I don't have all of that info here with me. I remember reading about that and thinking that you really needed one of the bracelets, but I am sure you do not want one like mine! Will e mail it to you tonight. Tam
Christine Hood
on 6/27/06 4:49 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views