I'm baaaack! (long)

MrsTonyaBrown
on 6/26/06 3:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
well, Florida was fun. :P We went down on the 15th for our househunting and ended up getting an apt in the same complex we left 3 years ago, right across the road from hubby's best friend, who is also our daughter's godfather. It's a decent place, about $200 a month cheaper, same size and has a FULL SIZE washer/dryer instead of the rinky dink apt sized set we have now. My mother had our toddler from Friday afternoon until Thursday afternoon and it was great being able to be motherless for a little while, although I thoroughly missed her and was glad to go get her. When we arrived at Nana's, she ran out the door screaming, Mommy, Daddy! and threw herself into her father's arms. After that point, she wouldn't let either of us out of her sight. LOL. The ride home was great because we had the laptop and were able to keep her enterained by having one of us sitting in back with her, playing some of her favorite shows we had recorded onto DVDs. I was begging for a butt pillow after a few hours in the car as my tailbone was screaming in pain and I was constantly shifting around to get a better position. The sleeping arrangements on the trip down and most of the trip itself were uncomfortable. While in Jacksonville, we stayed with the friend who put us on his sleeper sofa, which had a flattened mattress so you could feel the bars all night and then with all three of his roommates coming in and out at all hours, we barely got a wink. Our last night before we picked up the monkey (our toddler, Samantha) we splurged and got a room at a plush hotel nearby that had a jacuzzi tub in the room, an incredibly, wonderfully soft bed, room service, and more. I had also splurged on some, um, discreet items, one of which was a pair of leather boots (black leather that laced all the way up, with platform bottoms and 6 inch heals). It was a GREAT night. And we have photos to prove it. LOL I'm still losing a lb a week so I'm happy. I'm looking forward to being under 240 lbs soon. Today, I'm at 243, so it's slooooowly coming off. My main problem was that we cancelled our membership to the gym as we have become very busy with getting ready for our permanent move to FL in August. But I'm trying even now to get set up with a gym there to get back into my routine and get the loss going a bit faster. Although I'd say 136 lbs in 10 months is nothing to sneeze out (or 162 lbs if you count before my liquid diet, which I do). So keep trucking people and hope to see at least some of you before our last day in 7 weeks!!!!! Hugs and love, Tonya 405/379/243/180 (high/surgery/current/goal) 5'5" (or 5'11" with my boots ) Now wearing size 18/20's!!!!!
Teresa Isphording
on 6/26/06 5:06 am - Knotts Island, NC
Hey Tonya, I'm glad to hear you guys were able to find a place. I know that is one less thing you have to worry about now. Sounds like you guys took advantage of having a night 'alone' without Samantha. You are doing so good with your weightloss and look awsome! Keep up the good job! Maybe we can get together for lunch or something before you guys leave. I'll send you an email with my phone number so we can try and plan something. Maybe something on a weekend so our hubbys and baby girls can be there too. My Sarah-Bear just turned 3 months old last Thursday. How do you deal with them growing up so fast!?! I keep telling her to slow down but she won't listen. LOL Hugs Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views