Finally I have a date!

mmaroberts
on 6/25/06 3:24 am - Somewhere in, OH
Finally I have a date! July 25th. I started this process 2-3 years ago and was denied. I decided in Dec-Jan to try it again. This is great. But instead of being overly excited I am nervous and scared. Is this normal. I guess I am scared more so of the pain afterwards. How it will feel? and What should I expect? I am so nervous.
sue baker
on 6/25/06 4:01 am - fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 04/12/06 with
MJ: Good for you! Don't be scared! It is so wonderful, I just can't give you the words that really describes how I feel. 10 weeks since surgery and I take no medicines of the past. I have energy like I did at 21 before my children were born and I am just getting better by the day. There is a reason you tried again. Follow that road - you won't be disappointed.
Stephanie M.
on 6/25/06 4:06 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Hi! Well...first let me tell you we have a lot in common! I am also a Navy wife...PCOS...but...you can't possibly have the best husband in the world...cause I do! LOL. You do, however...have the best doctor group in the world. Dr. C was my dr. I know that you are having lap...since Dr. T is your dr. Well...they say that lap is easier...I had open so I can't tell ya much about lap. I can tell you...they will give you plenty of pain meds...and if it does not work effectively...they will switch you to something else. A little apprehension is normal. You are in great hands! Kudos for you to switching to standard! You will be so glad you did! Congrats on your date! Keep us posted! Hugs, Stephanie
Christine Hood
on 6/25/06 7:40 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Congrats on your date!! I hear ya on the nerves thing! I was so nervous that I was itching for like a week before surgery but don't worry..(I know, easier said than done) but you have gone through so much up to this point...you will do great and you will be a loser in no time! Christine
Amy B.
on 6/25/06 8:13 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Best wishes to you! You'll do just great! There is a lot of support and information on this board....lots of humor too! Just keep your eyes on the prize......well prizeS because there will be lots of them and I can't wait to find out what they are! I just had my surgery this past Wednesday and everything is coming along fine. It's ok to be a little nervous and you'll probably waffle back and forth between being that way and being excited. Take care! Amy
Chyanne2u
on 6/25/06 8:14 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey MJ, Congratulations!!!!! I can understand all that you're feeling because I too am having surgery in July. I got my approval on May 25th, one month ago today. I go in for surgery in 1 week & 1 day, July 3rd. It's so hard waiting but the time goes really fast. You will be looking at July 25th before you know it. I was so excited at first and wanted to tell everyone about my upcoming surgery. Then I became very quiet and resolved in dealing with this within myself. Then the nerves set in and I wondered if I was doing the right thing. Then I met my surgeon and all my apprehensions left and now I am at peace with my surgery. It's such a roller coaster of emotions & feelings. But I am going through with this. It's something I have worked for over a year now. It's finally here and I'm estactic. I know you will be too. I will keep you posted as to how things go for me. I am having open since Dr. Hutcher only does open and I wanted him. Good luck and God bless you through your wait and your surgery. My prayers will be with you for an uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery. Lots of Love Kathy 1 week & 1 day till surgery
(deactivated member)
on 6/25/06 8:27 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
First of all congrats on your date!! Secondly it is normal to be nervous - we all were. I was scared stiff as it was my first surgery so I had no idea what to expect. It has only been 4 months but I have lost 64lbs and I would do it again in a heartbeat! The pain can be controlled by pain meds and within a few days of being home most of us come off the pain meds. You will not regret this decision! Jackie
Amber B.
on 6/26/06 6:18 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Congratulations, I just got approved myself. It's incredible. Good luck with everything! Amber
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views