Basal Metabolic Rate

A10sFrau
on 6/24/06 10:17 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Having recently read Kathy's post about the testing she had done for basal metbolic rate, I decided to do some investigating on the web. I got info this past week, from the nutritionists at Dr. Kellum's, but it just wasn't as much as I wanted. AND, this sort of thing shouldn't be a big secret. I found this link: http://www.room42.com/nutrition/basal.shtml This will calculate for you get an approximation of your basal metabolic rate. remember, an approximation. I also found a Cornell U. website which had good info on BMR, which sent me to the calculator link. This is all very helpful to me because I have been concerned about adequate nutrition given the # of extra calories I am burning now hiking and walking. Maybe this information can help someone else. Lois
Kathy & Rich
on 6/25/06 1:11 pm - Fairfax, VA
Interesting, Lois! I ran it with my numbers to do a comparison between the testing I did and there is about a 300 calorie difference. This software thinks I burn 300 more calories a day then I do according to the breath testing I did. We'll discuss it at a better time in the future. Again, my thoughts are with you. Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views