update on andrea nicoll

Andrea N.
on 6/23/06 1:22 pm - Ashland, VA
this is matt. im andrea's son. this is an update on her. she went in about 12:45 this afternoon. she is in her room and doing ok. she is in a lot of pain. from the doc he said it went really well and she came out of it fine. i know this is short but i dont have much right now.. but i would like every one to know that she is in a lot of pain but that she is fine and came out ok.. thanks to all the have helped her and prayed for her to be ok. it really worked and im happy that shes fine. i will have more to update soon and hopefully she will be back soon and is able to post her self. but untill then i will be updating and making sure everybody know how shes doing. thats all i have for now.
Michele R.
on 6/23/06 1:54 pm - Pittsfield, MA
thanks matt...you are such a wonderful son to be posting for Mom. I am so glad surgery went well and she is out. Pain is normal. SHe will be feeling better much better every day. She will be kept in my prayers. Send her my love and best wishes. Hugs! Shele
A10sFrau
on 6/23/06 8:32 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thank your for the update, Matt. Your mom should feel better, shortly. Hopefully the doctors and nurses will get her pain under control. Tell her we all love her. Lois
Amy B.
on 6/23/06 10:10 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Thanks Matt.....I was thinking about your Mom the whole time I was in the hospital. I know it's hard to think about your Mom being in pain but for most people it is manageable with the right medicine. However sometimes you may have to be really vocal about that pain and mention it a lot in order to get the right thing for you to ease your pain. I just went through this Wednesday and it gets better by the hour. Really. Probably by the time I'm writing this they're getting ready to do her leak test and then very shortly after that they'll take her off the pain pump and give her something oral to take. Getting that anesthesia and heavy duty pain meds out of her system will help her to feel a whole lot better, believe it or not. I'll keep your family in my prayers and wait to hear that she's feeling much better! Take care! Amy
Stephanie M.
on 6/23/06 10:15 pm - Moncks Corner, SC
Thanks Matt for posting an update! Please tell her to hurry back! We can't wait to hear about her progress! If the pain gets too bad...ask her doctor to try a different pain med. Pain drugs work in different people...different ways...and for different types of pain. My pain med was switched a few times until the right one was found. Don't be afraid to be an advocate for her! Pain interferes with the healing process. Please tell her to take care! Hugs, Stephanie
Sporty Jill
on 6/23/06 11:20 pm - Norfolk, VA
Matt.... Thanks for posting the updaye. I'm glad to hear that she is doing fine and all is well. Please give her a hug from all of us! Jill
Kathleen L.
on 6/24/06 12:10 am - Arlington, VA
Thanks Matt for the update about your mother. Tell her we are thinking about her.
Natalie C.
on 6/24/06 12:15 am - Palmyra, VA
Matt, You're doing a great job posting for your mom. She'll be very proud. I'm heading in to see her this morning and hope to take a few laps around the hall with her! Keep up the good work!! Nat (Dave C's wife).
Christine Hood
on 6/24/06 3:36 am - Fort Eustis, VA
thanks matt! glad to hear that she is doing well!! send her my best! christine
prissy25
on 6/25/06 7:08 am - Barboursville, VA
Thanks Matt awsome job your a real trooper, let your mom know Ive had her in my thoughts and prayers hope all is well now and she is home. Just getting home myself Ill try an call tom. tried Sat. they said she was out of the room.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views