Doing very well here! THANK YOU!!!

Amy B.
on 6/23/06 10:34 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Thank you all for your continued messages of recovery and healing! Your prayers have been awesome and well received! I'm doing just fine. I finally passed a buncha gas last night. Oh the small little "life things" we take for granted! I will never look at farting the same way again! It certainly made all the difference in my comfort! I would like to share lots of info with this board as you all have done for me. However, my computer is on the second floor of my house and we are without air conditioning until Monday. I need to stay where it's cool...downstairs with the fan. But until then....for those about to undertake this step in their lives, BE OF GOOD CHEER!!! It's ok. It's not the easiet thing you'll ever do. It's uncomfortable but it truly does get better with every passing hour. Move as soon as you can and keep moving. Walk as far as you possibly can the FIRST time. If there is a chair in the room that's comfortable, try to spend some time sitting in that. Find out off the bat how often you are allowed your oral pain medication. If you don't ask for it.....they don't bring it to you and they really don't even offer it. 1/2 an hour before the next dose ask them for it. Ten minutes before it's supposed to come....gently remind them...they get busy. This worked for me: I took my medicine, got in bed and slept an hour or so till it kicked in good. And if I was awake I was sip sip sipping tha****er. Got out of bed, took a lap around the unit, sat on the potty a while, sat in the chair a few minutes, then called for my pain meds. If I felt like it I'd walk another lap but by the time they brought my medicine I was ready for them to help me get back in the bed. That went on for the entire 24 hours I was on the ward. The routine helped the time go by, helped me to stay focused on sipping tha****er and it made me feel like I was the one in charge of my situation. (With God's help of course.) Oh....and the leak test. You won't have to drink as much as you think. Just barely sip sip sip each of the two kinds of liquid they give you... and try not to breathe too much. I hope at least this much information will help somebody about to go in. I am still as broad as a barn door but in little subtle ways I can tell already that this is so worth it. Take care and I'll try to get here when I can if anybody has any questions......then Monday night when it's nice and cool I will try to post a little more. Amy
Stephanie M.
on 6/23/06 11:10 pm - Moncks Corner, SC
Hey Amy! Nice to see your smiling face again! WELCOME to the losing side....and there are lots of things...LOL...that you will never look at in the same way again! Keep in touch! Hugs, Stephanie
Christine Hood
on 6/24/06 12:37 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Welcome back (again)! It gets better every day!! Glad to see you are up and about! Christine
A10sFrau
on 6/24/06 10:31 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Glad to hear you are doing so well, AMY! It's terrific that you want to share your experiences with those about to follow in your footsteps. (I am without air conditioning until July 3 at the very earliest. Have to get the freon recharged every year). Rejoice in every step you take! Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views