Brand new and getting fast tracked, help!

Amber B.
on 6/23/06 6:18 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi, guys. My name is Amber and I've been lurking around this site for many years. I never thought that this surgery would be obtainable for me but after years of getting my act together, I finally obtained a job that made this surgery available to me. I've watched my best friend and Mother-in-law have this surgery with two very different outcomes. I'm fairly knowledgable, but it is happening very fast. I plan to spend the next 3 1/2 weeks here ALOT so I can get all the info/support I need and get to know you guys much better. Hopefully there is something that I may be able to share that will help you out as well. Hope to hear from you soon! Amber
Stephanie M.
on 6/23/06 9:48 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Hey Amber! Welcome! Glad you found a job that actually has insurance that will cover your new beginning! It is going to be work....but SO worth it! Take care! Stephanie
Sporty Jill
on 6/23/06 9:49 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Amber, and welcome! You've come to the right place. So, you are being "fast tracked"? What does that mean? Do you have a surgery date yet? Who's your doctor? Jill
A10sFrau
on 6/23/06 10:14 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Welcome Amber! You could not have come to a better place for support and answers to questions! Hope to see you around a lot. You will be a loser soon! Lois
Christine Hood
on 6/23/06 10:41 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Welcome Amber! You have found the best group of people on the site! We will help you in any way we can...just ask! Christine
Mojodiva
on 6/23/06 11:57 am - FPO, Japan
I am guessing that 'fast tracked' means your surgery is in 3 1/2 weeks, much faster than anticipated? I picked up Weight Loss Surgery for Dummies and Eating Well after WEight Loss Surgery (a recipe book) through Amazon.com. They are extremely helpful. I also hit up the library for other books to check out. Just read everything you can get your hands on and participate on the boards. This place is a gold mine!
Sporty Jill
on 6/23/06 9:52 pm - Norfolk, VA
Mo..... That book is the BEST! My absolute favorite. I recommend it to EVERYONE. In fact, I still refer to mine alot, and I'm 8 months out. Jill 263/170 (YAHOO!!!!)/145
Amber B.
on 6/23/06 1:34 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks for the wonderful welcome, guys. It is a huge gold mind here. So many different people with different experiences. Fast tracked is like what she said, really darn fast! I'll be having surgery on July 19th, even though I just had my consultation on June 15th. My surgeon is Dr. Moore and he and Dr. Spencer did my best friend's surgery. Their facilities and staff have been amazing. They require you to do a lot of things before they will even do the surgery. They just know I've been looking into this for a long time and Dr. Moore had a last minute cancellation and he's going on vacation after that, so I snatched it up. I've been running around like crazy going to all the appointments and I have my lab work next Wednesday. I'm VERY excited and nervous at the same time. I'll be soaking everything up like a sponge! Good night, all. Amber
TammyNVA
on 6/23/06 8:50 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Welcome Amber!! The best way I found to reduce the stress of waiting and nervousness of the unknown was to learn as much as I could. You in the right place. Best wishes! Tammy 303/198/150ish
Christina R.
on 6/24/06 11:44 pm - Reston, VA
Amber- We are date twins! OH is a great place to ask all the questions we have. Best advice I've gotten for these last few weeks is to start on the protien now....it'll help you heal. Best wishes to you, Christina S
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views