6 Month Update - Long!

fanciterv
on 6/23/06 12:05 am - Stafford, VA
Hi everyone, I haven't posted here very often, but I read everyone's posts. (If I can offer some help or feedback I will usually reply privately. ) I wanted you all to know that I really appreciate the time you take to post your daily/weekly trials, tribulations and triumphs! Even your personal or relationship posts. Everything you post helps, informs and inspires me. While you can't see it, I do laugh, cry, jump for joy, and am very proud of you all. Thank you!!! On to my update. Wednesday was my six month anniversary of surgery. I am proud to say that I have lost 114#!! I have been pretty darn good about getting in my protein and vitamins. I usually get most/enough water and my exercise consists of yard work and animal chores. Some days I can eat a decent amount, some days I can only manage a few bites each for my 3 meals. I am just now starting to be able to eat hamburger and eggs again (made me very nauseous after surgery). I do eat sugary things and fatty things sometimes, but I don't go overboard. Actually, I went through a really tough spot a few weeks back and I ended up eating very poorly. I was pms'ing, my partner was in the hospital having surgery, stressed at work, extra heavy financial issues, 1.5 hr commute to the hospital, and very little sleep had me eating fast foods, doritos, chocolate and DS Oreos. I didn't dump. I lost 10 pounds. Go figure! That is my worst extreme, but I normally eat quite sensibly. The things that I eat the most (that I can count on to sit well) are cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt, salads (little dressing), steak, most chicken now, and potato in any form. My favorite protein supplements are fuzzy navel nectar mixed with orange flavor spenda'd drink, followed by isopure most flavors. I do one to two a day. My loss goal is to get to 200. My nutritionist says 220 is good. Part of me wants to get to 180, just so that I can say I 've lost 200#. And, I would like to get to 196 just so that I can be merely "overweight" not "obese". I would be happy at anything less than 220. Regardless of where I end up, I am happy with my choice of surgery and what the tool is helping me do. I have gone from size 34s to size 22s. I have had a friend give me the clothes she has ungrown (she had surgery 3 wks after me, but started 100# less), so I haven't had to buy anything but underwear and bras. This has been such a blessing! I did go thru a hair loss period, but not because of lack of protein at any point. I don't desire soda's. I drink water or splenda sweetened drinks mostly. Because I do a lot of yard work/chores outside, I have to have a bottle with me constantly and have 2-3 swallows every 3-5 min to make sure I don't get dehydrated. I do my centrum chewables and B-12 in the mornings and my vit D and citrical at bedtimes. My most simple but continuous Wow moments are when I don't have to fight with the seat belt in the (any) car. My most dramatic Wow was earlier this month. I person I hadn't seen in about a year stopped me and congratulated me on my weight loss. In the exchange she (politely) asked if I had lost 30-40#. When I told her that actually I had lost 110#, her eyes got really big, her jaw dropped and then she burst out saying "You've lost one of me!!" and gave me a high five. Now that felt good! Well, I've gone on quite long enough. Thank you again, and I wish you all many moments as good or better than that! Love to you all, Sue K. 380/266/200
lookin2lose2
on 6/23/06 1:01 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Sue - Rock On!!! You are doing an AWESOME JOB - what an inspiration!! I enjoyed reading your post thanks for sharing!!!
A10sFrau
on 6/23/06 3:21 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Life keeps getting better and better, doesn't it? Congratulations! Lois
Chyanne2u
on 6/24/06 12:16 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Sue, You have done awesome. What a amazing story to share with us. Thank you so much. You just hang in there and keep up the good work. I am going in for my surgery 8 days from today, July 3rd. I have waited a full year but I know there was a purpose for my delay. I am ready for this now. Keep me in your prayers that my journey would be as successful as yours. WTG!!!!! Lots of Love Kathy-8 days & counting
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views