Hubby has a date! Now to prepare....

brandi G.
on 6/22/06 9:08 pm - verona, VA
My husband just got his date of July 10. Sooner than expected but now I'm trying to decide how much time to take off with him because it will be unpaid. We also have a 3 year old daughter so I'm trying to decide when he'll be far enough along to be able to care for her alone. Any advice? Thanks in advance.
Tam
on 6/22/06 9:34 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi Brandi and congrats to you and your DH. What kind of surgery is he having...open or lap? That makes a big difference. I had open and was able to be alone comfortably after a copule of days, but my daughter is 11 and can do a lot for herself. I would say a week should be good if all goes well. Good luck and I will be praying for you and the family. Tammy C
brandi G.
on 6/22/06 9:45 pm - verona, VA
Thanks for your response Tammy. The doc says 80% chance it'll be lap--so I'm not sure how it'll end up. Are you counting the couple of days as part of when you were in the hospital or a couple of days after discharge? My daughter will probably be at her preschool most of the day. Thanks so much for the advice.
Sporty Jill
on 6/22/06 10:13 pm - Norfolk, VA
Congrats to you and your hubby. This will become an adventure of a lifetime....... I had an open RNY, and my hubby stayed with me after I came home. There was no need for him to sit around the hospital, and plus we had things going on at the house he need to be with. And he was on leave with me for a week. But, I found that I really didn't need any help from him after the 2nd day. So, he was there mainly to deal with house stuff than to deal with me (make sense?). Everyone was amazed by how well I had done after surgery (including my doc and nurses). With your hubby being lap, you may only need to be there a few days....but I would play it by ear. Jill
brandi G.
on 6/23/06 5:00 am - verona, VA
Thanks so much for the advice Jill--appreciate it!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views