Thnx to Dana S & Sporty Jill!

Mojodiva
on 6/22/06 1:24 am - FPO, Japan
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Dana S & Sporty Jill for answering questions I had via email, as well as pointing me in the direction of Dr. Clark at WLSC of Hampton Roads. I was very scared to switch to Standard, but thanks to them I did it and now I am on the road to surgery. I passed my psych evaluations yesterday. All I have left for insurance purposes is the H.pylori test and the nutritional consult next week. I hope to be able to receive my surgery date by the end of the month so I can make preparations with family. Then I can enjoy the flurry of appointments with Dr. Clark's clinic. I sure will be doing lots of driving... I never thought Id be this comfortable driving through those tunnels, but I've done it so often now that I hardly think of it. Anyway, thank you very much for your help.
Ernurse323
on 6/22/06 3:00 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Awwwwwwwwwwwww Shucks !!!! You are VERY welcome !!! Like I said anytime you have any questions feel free to email me. Even though I am out and about alot I am also on my computer constantly between doing things !! I really liked Dr Clark and felt the services he provided were worth the liquid gold in gas !!! Just make sure to make your appointments after 9am and before 130 pm to avoid getting stuck in tunnel and base traffic !!! Keep me up to date on your progress. I am so excited for you !!!!!! Dana
Mojodiva
on 6/22/06 8:08 am - FPO, Japan
I emailed you a couple times this week, figured you were very busy! I meet my new PCM on Monday, I have to pay the $150 deductible ~ouch~ but hopefully they can set up the thyroid and h.pylori panel immediately so Im not waiting too long. Dr. Mascalo will be sending my clearance within the week, so Im looking at maybe being able to get my surgery date in the next couple weeks. My kids are all set to pitch in while Im in the hospital and post-op. Maybe I was smart to space my kids so far apart. hehe. Thanks for the tip on the tunnels-- I was driving back from NN after the psych visit and 64W was backed up 4 miles! I made my nutritional appointment for 11:30, so Im leaving here at 10:30 just to make sure I make it.
Sporty Jill
on 6/22/06 11:54 am - Norfolk, VA
Yes, definately watch the time for your appointments. I drive through that mess every day (6:30 am and then back again at 4:30 pm). Morning isn't too bad (going there), but afternoon (coming back) is a pain. I've left work at 3:30 and not made it home (40 minute commute****il 4:45. Jill
Stephanie M.
on 6/22/06 9:47 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Dr. C is AWESOME!!! You will be so happy with him. Why....it seems like just yesterday that Dana was sending me emails...and asking me questions...LOL....and now look at her! You will love Dr. C! You will also be glad....that you switched to standard! I love Tricare standard! Take care, Stephanie
Mojodiva
on 6/22/06 12:44 pm - FPO, Japan
AHA! Another victim I can hound with questions! mhuahaha! Today I had that moment when I realized it was no longer a question of "if" it was now a question of "When." So as I chased m one year old I told myself it was ok if the next couple steps take time because I know it will be just fine and the extra time will help me kick the sugar habit (my sugar vice is soda and its been a struggle giving up that...although I've been caffeiene free since March). Im actually a long time blogger, so if anyone is interested in seeing pics of my kids (especially the baby!), you can visit http://mojodiva.blogspot.com Been blogging since 1998, but at blogspot since 2003. Off to read your profile! You look gorgeous! (And wouldnt you just kill for Dana's hair? And Lordy, what I wouldnt give for Jill's energy!)
Sporty Jill
on 6/22/06 10:07 pm - Norfolk, VA
My energy comes from dropping 92 (yes....92) pounds and just putting myself out there. Ok, I also walk and do Turbo Jam (LOVE*LOVE*LOVE) for exercise, and have recently started to use 8 pound weights and tubes for resistance. But, once the weight started to come off, I just found that I was excited to do fun things (sitting on the couch is fun on occasions, is no longer fun). In fact, I'm going to kick everyone so I can get in a quick Turbo Jam workout before we leave for the day. Jill 263/171 (and still holding )/145
Stephanie M.
on 6/23/06 11:10 am - Moncks Corner, SC
Hey! Soda was a biggie for me too. And...please feel free to ask me anything. I have answered so much about Dr. Clark and Tricare Standard over the past year...I need to just put it on my profile. But...I am so pleased with BOTH...and love to share. And...don't worry about that other stuff you emailed me about. It is ok. Thank you for sending the message. I am dealing one day at a time....that is all I can do right now. My hubby does not come bac****il November at least. Take care, Stephanie
Mojodiva
on 6/23/06 11:50 am - FPO, Japan
I'm glad you got my email. Please take care of yourself and if you need anything, feel free to email me. I will definately ask if I have an issue!
Sporty Jill
on 6/22/06 11:50 am - Norfolk, VA
Mo.... You are SO welcome. I am SO glad to hear that things are coming together for you. And yes, it will become a flurry of appointments. BUT...that's a GOOD thing! Keep me posted to how you are coming along and if you have any more questions, you have my email. During the day I'm at work, so I can't respond until I get home, but I definately will. And DEFINATELY keep us posted on your surgery date so we can help you celebrate. And yes, you will celebrate! Ok, at least until you come out of the pain meds and feel like cr*p. BUT.... that's a GOOD thing! But, anyways...keep us posted....let me know if you have any more questions. Been there, done that and STILL have questions myself. Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views