Cool Wow Moment

Julie R.
on 6/22/06 1:17 am - Belspring, VA
Earlier this week I was getting ready for my water aerobics class. When I walked into the locker room, I saw my personal trainer from last year. I haven't seen her since the surgery, but she would always wave me down when she saw me on campus. She even stopped to talk to me a couple of weeks before I went in for surgery (4 months ago). Well, when I said "hi", she gave me one of those "hi, how are you?" I really don't know who I'm talking to replies. I asked her what she was still doing on campus since she supposedly graduated in May. She replied "Nope, I'm still here" and walked away. I told my friend "she has no idea who I am". A couple minutes later, she came back around and said "Julie?!? You look awesome" and told me to stop by and see her after my class. When I stopped by she told me that I had changed so much she didn't even recognize me when I first approached her. I also found out that she decided to go for her master's degree which is why she is still here. I really needed that compliment!!! Julie 237/184/165/135 preop/current/dr's goal/my goal
Ernurse323
on 6/22/06 3:06 am - Virginia Beach, VA
That is WAY kewl, Julie !!!!!!!! Post a new picture of yourself !!..or at least one to compare it to. I get stuck on doing it..I can't make it work for some reason. Once you figure it out, give me heads up !! I look forward to seeing the " new you !!!" Dana
kabarron1
on 6/22/06 8:21 am - Hopewell, VA
Julie, Congrats!!! You'll find your new look will also come in handy when you really don't want to speak to someone from the past. I was in 7-11 one time and this guy came up behind me in line. I glanced back, he just happened to be looking the other way, and it was this REALLY annoying guy that use to hunt at the same hunt club I do. Anyway, I so didn't want to try and make small talk with him so I was just playing it off as though I didn't notice him. I paid for my stuff and looked back over my shoulder and he just looked and gave me the "nod" you give strangers when you make eye contact. I just nodded back at him and walked out the store laughing to myself. He had no idea, thankfully, who I was since I hadn't seen him since October or so. WTG again on your WOW moment and keep up the good work. Keith
Julie R.
on 6/23/06 4:21 am - Belspring, VA
That's so funny! Of course looking at your before & after picture, I can see how you weren't recognized.
A10sFrau
on 6/22/06 7:48 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hi Julie, WOW! new picture and almost unrecognizable, too . Congratulations! (Now that I'm thinking of it, Melissa said she had been very busy and her weight had stalled somewhat, but she is still around. I have a class this coming week at JMU (graduate class about gifted education, for recert.) but am FREE after that. What does your schedule look like after that, for the next few weeks?) Lois
Julie R.
on 6/23/06 4:24 am - Belspring, VA
Tuesdays & Thursdays are out because I have water aerobics and Friday, July 14th isn't good either. Otherwise, I'm good to go. Since you have been in contact with Melissa, perhaps you can see what her schedule is like. It would be great if she could join us as well. Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views