OT - Calling LEILANI - YOOHOO !!!

bikinibound
on 6/22/06 1:30 am - Wilson, NC
Hey lady - I need some help ! My daughter is planning a beach wedding and.....you guessed it - she wants leis. I have found some sites on the internet that ship leis for VERY reasonable prices but am afraid I might get stuck. Do you have any connections that could recommend reputable companies in Hawaii to ship leis to NC ? I would really appreciate any guidance you could give me - or you could just teach me to make leis Thanks a lot ! Lisa - your neighbor to the south
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/06 8:23 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Lisa ~ How the heck are you? ...and how's your brother doing??? It's been several months since his surgery, hopefully WLS life is treating him well and his results are as FANTASTIC as his sisters were? Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday - I tend to be a "one hit wonder" on the boards and find that my posting time is EARLY in the morning, then the day gets away from me. As far as your question about Fresh Lei's? Below are companies I have used in the past. However, that being said, it's been years since I've had to use them. I found their links stored in my favorites - I can say, Ive never had problems with any of them, the flowers were always FRESH (no sign of bruising) and lasted for quite awhile, afterwards. NOW - all that being said? The first thing I'd suggest is that you call your LOCAL florists, even if it's not to your actual address, but in your state. Many florists have the ability to ship in and make the Lei's for you. When I lived in Oklahoma (of all places) .....about as Redneck and Down home as you can get, I still managed to find two florists there that made the Lei's for me. Also, when Hubby and I lived in Washington for 3 years, we found a local florist in the small little RURAL (po-dunk country a$$) town we lived in. Sometimes the costs are much cheaper - especially minus shipping - sometimes it's about the same. I always ask to see some of their previous work, if they're good they should have photos on hand for you. IF you decide to order online - which for a wedding, might be the easiest way to handle it for a bulk order, two tips? 1) Keep the Lei's in plastic bags with a damp papertowel in the bag (to retain the moisture) and keep the entire thing in the FRIDGE! It prolongs the life of the flowers for a week or two and since most "pre orders" tend to come in a few days early, you'll need that extra life span to survive the day of the wedding. 2) Any Lei you order for the bride and groom - ESPECIALLY, should be no less then a double strand (although I think the man and woman of the hour should get something even thicker). The single strand Lei's should be avoided for any of the wedding party - they're just what they say, a single strand of flowers, and it looks very thin, flimsy, insignificant. If cost is an issue, maybe at the most single strands for her wedding party and triple (double at the least) for the bride and groom. It's AMAZING the difference between a single and double strand, the singles, unfortunately look very flimsy and cheap and they do NOT HOLD up well, through out the day as the flowers start falling off and you're left with string. http://www.hawaiiflowerlei.com/ http://www.hawaiian-tropical-flowers.com http://www.alohafriends.com/Hawaii_wedding_leispkg.html Hope some of this helps - I used to have family that owned a Lei Stand at the airport in Honolulu. Unfortunately, when my Aunt passed away, my cousins sold it, so I don't have any 'direct contacts' I can share with you. If you decide to use any other site on the internet (or any of the above I listed) just make sure they have a GUARANTEE. Not just that they'll make it "right" ....who the hell needs that, after a wedding day has been RUINED? Nah, you want one that'll gurarantee the flowers arrive SEVERAL days before the wedding, and if there are problems - THEY (the company) will rush order another shipment to you in time for "the" day. Congrats to the lucky couple - Paul and I have decided when we renew our vows it's gonna be on the beach - Hawaiian Style!! Hugs - Lei
bikinibound
on 6/23/06 3:44 am - Wilson, NC
Thank you honey !!! I will investigate these places this weekend. I knew you would know !!! My brother is doing well - no complications and he is down about 65 pounds from the first of May. His wife had the surgery last week and had some bleeding complications but everything is ok now and she is home. I'll keep you updated on the wedding plans - this is a lot of work Have fun this weekend - I should be going but my vacation the first of June ruled out another trip !!! Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views