Looking for before and after pics showing loose skin

heftysmurf76
on 6/21/06 1:34 am - Midlothian, VA
I'm a candidate for WLS, and one of the things that is prominently on my mind is the loose skin after the dramatic weight loss. This won't deter me from getting the surgery, and I know the skin problems vary from person to person, but I'm trying to get an idea of what my body MIGHT look like after I have lost weight... I've seen lots of before and after pics, but none of them really show the "bad" after effects, like arms sagging down to the waist, etc. I'm NOT asking for nude pics or anything liscivious, but I am curious what the flap of the stomach and loose legs look like, and trying to figure out how much it will bother me. Thanks in advance for anyone brave enough to post or send pics Heftysmurf76 aka Topher([email protected])
Tam
on 6/21/06 3:19 am - Richmond, VA
Topher, I can only speak from my personal experience, but you will not find any pics of me showing the areas of skin you are interested in! I do not like it, but I can easily live with it. I made a choice to have a healthier life and if that means some sagging skin then so be it. I will probably have plastics at some point if insurance will approve it and if not then I will save up for it and pay out of pocket. Clothes hide a lot so usually you and you S.O. are the only ones that know "how bad" it really is. I did not have this surgery to "look" better. For me it was more to "feel" better and to be more active with my family. This is just my opinion. Tammy -199 lbs and almost at my 4th goal! will be 14 months out this Saturday
A10sFrau
on 6/21/06 4:27 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I think Dave from Radford has some pictures on his profile. Also, I believe Leilani has some photos, too. I KNOW she has post plastics pictures. For one thing the amount of skin depends on how heavy you were to begin with. I was a light weight and am not at goal yet, but I do have batwings and my pannis is small. I knew about this beforehand and willing made the trade of fat for loose skin, and would do it again. I'm with Tammy on the NO pictures of that! Good luck. Lois
kabarron1
on 6/22/06 9:05 am - Hopewell, VA
Did you just have a consult with Dr Kellum last Thursday? Keith
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/06 9:03 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Poppa Smurf! Here is my Plastic Surgery Photo Album - FAIR WARNING - it includes photos of some really yucky stuff. Not only the hanging skin, before surgery, but also the skin after it was removed. One photo shows my doctors foot in it, just so he could use it as a gage for size - beyond that is what used to be my excess belly skin. That one still freaks me out to look at, eeeeeeeeeek, but it's beneficial in understanding the entire procedure. http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcNWjdq5cNmUG¬ag=1 Note: The OH site is truncating the links, not sure why, so it's not a clickable link - you'll have to actually cut and paste the ENTIRE html info into your web browser to view the photo album. I had a tummy tuck w/anchor incision and muscle tightening, a breast lift w/implants, an arm lift (from pit to elbow) and a neck lift. There are photos of each surgery (except the breasts, sorry, I'z shy!!) ...but there are before, during and after photos. Good luck to you in your journey - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 6/22/06 9:08 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Ummmmmmmmm - Hello again!!! :hello: I think I gave you a bad http address in my first post, let's try this one? Hopefully it works, if NOT, it's also in my profile - just scroll down to the bottom portion that talks about my plastic surgery journey. The link for the ENTIRE photo album is at the end of the photos inserted in my profile for PS. http://share.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?ap=&a=67b0de21b330418e65d8&pg=0
heftysmurf76
on 6/27/06 1:18 am - Midlothian, VA
My thanks to you and everyone! this has been very helpful. forgive me for not responding earlier, I'm still figuring out the ins and outs of this message board! I'm really hoping to not have to have the plastic surgery but it seems to me like I will. It's a while off, but I wanted to give it the same long consideration I gave thje bypass surgery itself, so better to start thinking now! I also got some good advice in the main forum as well, and ended up doing some helpful google image searches for "full body lift before and after". Thansk again to everyone.. P.S. My surgeon is Dr. Maher
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views