Tomorrow's the day!

Kobysmom
on 6/20/06 2:25 am - Bealeton, VA
Hi everyone! I'm scheduled for my lap band surgery tomorrow (06/21) and am a bit nervous about it. Can anyone tell me what to expect?? Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/06 5:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
If you have Dr Halmi as your doctor you can expect to have a good recovery!! He is the best! You won't come to for a few hours after surgery and then may be in a little pain but they can control it by meds and do not be shy about asking for them!! You will get up later and walk and will feel that you have had surgery but will be amazed that you can actually walk around!!! The next day you will start to feel better and know more about what is going on around you. You will walk more and if you are doing alright they will let you shower etc - I was so happy to shower and wash the anesthesia out of my skin! I am sure you will do well as they take very good care of you and Dr Halmi will come by each day to see you. They take you off the morphine pump the day after surgery and make you take your pain med crushed - these taste disgusting but if you ask for a popsicle before you take them, you can freeze your tongue a bit and it won't taste it as much..... my best advice is don't be a martyr - if you hurt make them give you pain medication!! You don't have to suffer!! And good luck!! Stay calm and believe you are in good hands!
Kobysmom
on 6/29/06 3:58 am - Bealeton, VA
Thank you so much for the kind words. Everything went great, and I'm at home recovering now, but am able to do alot. I was able to come home on Thursday afternoon, and by Friday I was walking alot more around the house. I wanted to walk outside, but due to the lovely rain we've had all week, that was impossible. Sorry it has taken me this long to reply, but my computer crashed from the storm we had, and I was just now able to get it back. Again, thanks and Dr. Halmi was great!!
(deactivated member)
on 6/29/06 4:10 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
I am glad you made it through and welcome to the losing side!! I knew you would be fine with Dr Halmi! The rain had made it much harder to exercise outside this week but I have a treadmill so I have been using that! Jackie
Sharon Q.
on 6/20/06 6:56 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Heya Sue!! Don't know much about the lapband procedure, but I do know that you are in great hands with Dr. Halmi!!! We will all be praying for you tomorrow as you start your new life to better health!!! Expect to be in some pain, expect to walk lots, right after even, expect to feel better really soon!!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!! XOXOXOXOOX Sharon
Kathy & Rich
on 6/20/06 7:27 am - Fairfax, VA
Best wishes tomorrow! Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/20/06 10:23 am - Danville, VA
Hey Sue....Best wishes tomorrow and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. You will be fine and a loser really soon. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views