Gas

Jennifer V.
on 6/20/06 12:38 pm - Waynesboro, VA
Guys, I've read so much about all the horrible gas but I've had virtually none. I have lot's of burping but I pass gas maybe twice a day. I have no gas pains. I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but is this OK? Jenn
TammyNVA
on 6/20/06 7:29 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hey Jenn, Nope, I didn't have gas problems either, until... I discovered sugar alcohols give me gas. Beware of "no sugar added/sugar free" stuff. Hope everything is going well for you. I remember about this time I started feeling better and getting around more. Hope you are too. Hugs, Tammy
A10sFrau
on 6/20/06 9:45 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Jen, I was also blessed with no gas problems. Some things I eat even now give me gas, anything made with soy grits, and any beans (as per usual). This is no didfferent from before surgery though, so I consider myself very fortunate. Count your blessings, however small! Lois
Sharon Q.
on 6/20/06 10:22 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Girly you are soooooooooooooooo lucky!!! I've had 6 abdominal surgeries now, and can tell you I am officially the GAS QUEEN!!!! Not only do I get it, it hurts and doesn't want to come out. OK???? It's awesome that you have none!! I have to say after WLS that was my biggest issue was gas pains bumping into the surgical sites. MAN did that hurt bad!!! SOOOOOOOOOO, LUCKY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep on keepin on girl!!! XOXOXOXO Sharon
Christine Hood
on 6/21/06 2:49 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Sharon! I'm the gas princess then and that's only because WLS was my 1st and only surgery. I haven't had the multiple surgeries to elevate me to queen status! That gas pain was horrible!! The nurse that works with my surgical group said that as soon as I hit the recovery room I was complaining about the gas pains (I don't even remember seeing her never mind telling her about my gas pains). They lasted for like 5 days!! Ugh!! Christine
Sharon Q.
on 6/21/06 3:13 am - Fredericksburg, VA
GAS PRINCESS!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Lets do it, lets change our names officially..........GAS PRINCESS AND GAS QUEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOO FUNNY GIRL!! XOXOXOXOXOOXOXO Sharon
Lelandmm
on 6/21/06 7:16 am - Chesapeake, VA
Jenn, I don't know what is worse, having the gas and not being able to get rid of it OR having the gas and EASILY getting rid of it??????????? I NEVER had gas pains. Even as a very new pre-op, when I had gas build up, I burped or farted and there was no more gas. As a new pre-op, my farts were noisey, but not stinky. As time as progressed, it has reversed. Silent but deadly. I have narrowed down a few things that turn me into a stink bug, but I still have not found a way to stop it. I take gas prevention pills, phazyme and beano and I am still a stink bug. Mostly, protein foods like meat give it to me. If I have a day with little protein, and no supplements at all, I am OK. So now I just try to keep the protein to a minimum and only do it like every other day. The only good thing is, it keeps annoying coworkers away because I stink so bad!
(deactivated member)
on 6/21/06 7:53 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Jenn, Okay, we're all friends here, right? I mean I can talk about this right? But what is going on with the toots!! I mean they are the silent ones, and they 'slip' out all the time. I used to be able to squeeze my buns together and keep it still until I got alone, but now they just are out!! And yes, I go to the bathroom every day so that's not it. I am tired of blaming our poor dogs, my husband is not falling for that any more!!! I don't get gas pains, oh heck no, cause it doesn't stay in -- it toots out!! I shouldn't have brought this up now with this weekend coming up, but I'll just blame it on Sharon!! Ha ha ha ha!! No, that would be rude cause she's giving me nectar, okay I'll take the blame!! Is it the vitamins, or protein, or what??? Love donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views