This Weekend Don't Forget

(deactivated member)
on 6/19/06 9:53 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Do not forget to bring your before pictures . If you are still in the begining phases of your journey, bring us something we can use to show who you are . If you are a new post op .. please - please make sure you bring things you can eat on through out the days . While the meals are designed for further out post ops .. there will be somethings you will be able to try .. but keep in mind .. you must eat and stay hydrated . If you suppliment by protein shakes , make sure you bring your protein .. I know I do not need to tell you all these things , but one summer we had a young lady show up that did not eat the entire day .. new post op and she became very ill and almost passed out on me ... I look forward to seeing you all.. and I know you all will have the times of your life . Hugs, Nat
cathya
on 6/19/06 11:15 pm - Orlando, FL
Nat, Wise advice. I'm 2 1/2 years out and I had the "fear" put in me before surgery by my doctor and I always carry some protein and water with me. Even though this is a WLS conferene everyone's system is different and it is better to know that you have what you can tolerate (i.e., dry chicken works for me but may choke someone else). Interesting that you bring this up. Our support group last night was on traveling. Some of the good suggestions were -- carry a small insulated lunch-type bag with an ice bar or thermos for hot stuff and things like hard boiled eggs/cheese sticks/small cottage cheese/yogurt. For futher out folks, the Southbeach lunchables are good. I love the oriental chicken wraps. For non perishables the small lunch size tuna or chicken with the pop top and a few crackers. One guy said he recycles his 16 oz water bottles by drying them out and pouring a serving of protein powder into them. When he needs one he justs adds water. There are several types of cheeses that come in small foil wraps that do not require refrigeration ( but don't leave in a hot car). I love theenvelopes of dry high protein (15g) tomato soup. I can always find ho****er to mix it with. CathyA
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/06 11:31 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Cathy - I have never seen the envelopes of tomato soup - where can I buy them? And see you at the Boogie and Splash this weekend! I have had to miss the last two Panera meetings due to travel and vacation but will be at the next one........ Jackie
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/06 2:24 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Jackie , The people that make the delish soups will be at the Expo . I-shop Here .Biz they have some of the best dry products loaded with Protein . Be sure to stop by their table . !! Hugs, ' Nat
Jennifer V.
on 6/20/06 12:16 pm - Waynesboro, VA
I'm bummed that I can't come this weekend to get to know you guys but there's just not way I can work it out. Have a great time !
cathya
on 6/20/06 9:37 pm - Orlando, FL
Jackie, Natalie is right. That is where I get it. I'll bring one for you to try in case they don't have that to sample. Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views