Will I ever be a century club member?

melody80
on 6/19/06 10:56 pm - Remington, VA
Good morning everyone. Just one of those mornings I guess. I weighed myself this morning and to my suprise the scale said I am 154 !!!! 6 months ago I was 223! I am so proud of myself and so thankful. I almost passed away because of this surgery from internal bleeding and to be honest I never thought I would ever say this but...the hardships I went through....may have been worth it after all! Anyway, this might sound weird but...I still feel like I'm 223. When I go shopping I still go down the plus size isle...my friends have to remind me that Im a size 9 now!!!!!!!!!!!! I have the loose skin now...and I've gotten a little tired of worring about what I can and cant eat. Its almost like another food addiction. Always planning my next meals...always thinking about food. I know this is the way we have to be forever but Its a little depressing. When I look in the mirror somtimes I still see the bigger me....I guess its sorta a body distortion? I cannot picture myself 100 pounds lighter.....and in the back of my mind I know Im setting myself up for failure. Will I every be a century club member? Well I know I shouldnt complain and I am so thanful for this tool. Its just one of those days. Thanks for listening! Just needed to vent!!
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/19/06 11:11 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...We all get discouraged now and then but it looks as though you are doing wonderfully!!!! Have you ever lost that much weight in 6 months before??? I think you are doing an amazing job...I do the same thing with going straight for the plus sizes when I go shopping....I have to try on everything now cause I don't know what size I am! Just wish I had more money to shop with which is why I love the Goodwill now. You will make the century club, Sweetie...don't be so hard on yourself...you have come such a long way so far! I am so proud of you. Hugs, Betsy
melody80
on 6/20/06 12:10 am - Remington, VA
Betsy, thank you! I have come a long way! We all have! Thanks for your encouragment! Melody
Ms Court
on 6/19/06 11:40 pm - Remington, VA
Melody it sounds like you are do great. Vent away if that is what you need to do. My advise is not to fret about the image you are seeing in the mirror or the fact that you still try to buy plus sizes. They say it takes up to 2 years for our brains to catch up to our bodies so it will take time to get used to the new you. I definitely get frustrated having to always figure out what I am going to eat and schedule my day around my food. I think all of us have a hard time picturing ourselves at goal or down 100 lbs. I know I couldn't imagine it and I still see the same big body when I look in the mirror. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. Courtney
melody80
on 6/20/06 12:16 am - Remington, VA
Hey Courtney! You look so awsome! I cant wait to be part of the club also! You should share some words of wisdome! I didnt know about the two year thing. It makes sense though. That makes me feel alot better. I missed the last couple or 3 nutrition classes that we went to....did I miss anything that was extremely important that I should know? Are you trying that 1 hour or 45 minutes of not drinking before and after meals? It's suppose to be the 30 minute rule but she said we should try going longer? Anyways, thanks again! Melody
(deactivated member)
on 6/20/06 4:24 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Getting to the Century Club is totally up to you . Knowing where we came from .. and where we want to be is all up to us as individual WLS persons. Some have goals their docs give them .. and hit the marks .. some see their goals in others .. with same body size and get there .. You my dear have to be secure in what it is you TRULY want .. This lifestyle is for life .. no joke .. no lie .. looking at what we eat .. our suppliments .. our exersise .. water .. and minerals is going to be an everyday adventure .. and to be successful can never be a chore or depressing . I think you are doing excellent . I would love to see you happier about your accomplishments .. and to see how truly successful you are . You need to be proud od what you have done .. Keep it up .. and what ever your goals are .. I am sure you will meet them . Lot's of Love .. Natalie
MonicaCarr
on 6/20/06 7:08 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Melody - I too am awaiting the century mark - we will get there - you have described what I have been feeling lately - but I remember at one of the support group meetings that I attended where a psychologist was speaking and she said that it actually takes about 18 months for our minds to concieve what our real body's look like and for us to accpet the change. We will BOTH be a Century Club member....just you wait and see... Blessings, Monica
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views