Hey All, not-so-short update

A10sFrau
on 6/19/06 11:15 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Weighed in Sunday as 175. That is -92 from consult. Took me two weeks to get that one pound off, but..slow but steady wins the race. My last day at work was Monday, but had to return Wednesday to finish some purchase orders. Went hiking Thursday. Walked to through Glasgow Friday. Made two short walks with my sister and Pop Saturday. NOTHING Sunday (we cleaned like crazy). Today... I hiked up the mountain for 1 solid hour non-stop. Sat with my water for 5 minutes and marched back down in 55 min. TONIGHT, I walked 3.4 miles through Gtown again (I have a favorite route). This made today's total 7 miles!! I shall remain dedicated to this schedule, and to improving my times and increasing the incline of my hikes all summer. A promise to me! I took 12 bags of clothing to the Goodwill this a.m.--my way-too-bigs AND Jim's clothing which I have been ignoring in the closet for almost 2 years. His closet is now full of clothing to be sold on eBay. And, it is now MY closet. I went inside Goodwill to look for shorts. I have a class at JMU next week and needed something other than the 2 pair of shorts I have that fit. Found a few but they are nothing compared to the brand NEW Wilson's Leather black leather (that heavy buttery leather, very probably sheepskin) jacket I found there in a womans' medium. It has a zip out lining, detachable faux fur collar. FOR $20!!!! !!!!!! The used one I got at Pantops (now too big) was twice as much. God had a big smile on his face for me today!! And I returned it . I certainly hope that by doubling my walking and hiking that my loss will step up. even if it should not, though, I feel GRRRREEATTTT!!!! The translation job I was awarded begins in July, and July 4th is the Poker Run for the SPCA. I WILL make time for my hiking everyday, though! Hope everyone has had as great a start to summer as I have! Love you all Lois 277 (peak)/267(consult)/234(surgery)/175/130(goal)
Susan E.
on 6/19/06 11:19 am - Purcellville, VA
WTG, sounds like you are a power house at this walking thing. I am very impressed. You should be at your goal in no time! You inspire me to get out there and get moving. Susan
A10sFrau
on 6/19/06 11:24 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thanks, Susan. I realized later than I should have how important the exercise it. Now i set daily walking/hiking goals. Have a great Bn'S! Lois
Andrea N.
on 6/19/06 11:54 am - Ashland, VA
Hey Lois Been missing your smiling face! Sounds to me that you have been very busy and having a ton of fun! Way to go on the weight loss! Goodwill has sure been a favorite place for people to shop - hopefully within a few months it will be my turn! I also hope that once I get some weight off that maybe one weekend I could drive down and take a hike with you. I would love to take some pictures of the mountains and stuff! Hugs, Andrea 3 days to go
A10sFrau
on 6/19/06 7:48 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Andrea, I know you are way beyond ready for your surgery! My work friend, Diana Sidi, came back this weekend from MCV, and she is excited to have lost 23 pounds in a week (I bet!). I never lost 20 pounds in ANY week . Do you have someone staying with you right after your surgery? I know your falks arent far away, but I think you said they travel? What about your boys? Can't wait to see you on the losing side! Lois
A10sFrau
on 6/19/06 7:54 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
OOPS... that should be "folks aren't". Sorry. Typing was never my forte'. L
Andrea N.
on 6/19/06 9:16 pm - Ashland, VA
Hi Lois I am very ready - very excited and very scared at the same time. I just really want it to be Saturday and all over with, but I guess that is everybody huh? I will be staying at my parents house in Lake Monticello for as long as I need to with my oldest son, Matthew. The two youngest are going to their dad's house in Dale City for at least two weeks. My mom just got a "temp" job and will be working during the day, but both of them will be home at night so it will just be Matt and I during the day and I am a little nervous about that, but my parents live about 2 minutes from my office, which has four nurses and my PCP, so if we have any real problems then we will call them for advice and I just hope we won't need them. Hugs, Andrea 3 more days
prissy25
on 6/19/06 12:04 pm - Barboursville, VA
Happy Dance for you Lois Keep up the good work girl....
A10sFrau
on 6/19/06 7:51 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey Melinda, Thanks, and how are you doing? Think we can all get together again in September after school starts? Lois
Tam
on 6/19/06 9:21 pm - Richmond, VA
Lois~ WTG! And what a great find at the Goodwill store, too. I wish my walking was back up but due to doctor's orders I have had to stop walking for a while. My knee is up to its old tricks again and I have to have another surgery on it. This will be the third one. It swells up really bad and aches all the time if I do any kind of activity on it. I had to stop the treadmill and bike but I still do the Gazzelle (shhh...don't tell my doc!!!) and I walk a lot on the weekends at Busch Gardens. After this surgery then I want to get back up to my 8 miles a day. I find that I really miss it and never realized how much I enjoyed and looked forward to the "me" time during working out. It is a great time to think and reflect and plan for the future. Hopefully I will be back there soon. I wish I had a hiking path near me but I will just have to make due with the treadmill and the neighborhood walks when I can get back to it. I used to hate the goodwill since what little they had to fit me was always "old lady" looking and ugly. Now I go in there a couple of times a month and can always find something there that I like and it fits! It is a wonderful feeling. Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views