New to boards

ebayer76
on 6/19/06 8:21 pm - Richmond, VA
Hello, thank you for the warm welcome. I had been considering surgery years ago. my husband and i decided to wait until we had a child. I had a very difficult time getting pregnant. after 2 1/2 years and fertility drugs, hormones i was able to carry the pregnancy. only to 31 weeks though. i was 274 when i had my son and dropped that weight down to 240 with in 3 weeks. he was in and out of the hospital so much and came home with all the works. so having a very sick baby i was stuck inside and got up to 260. i lost 20 on my own with major work and started to gain it back again. at christmas this year i decided it was time and that i did not want my son to suffer with a fat mom. i wanted to make sure i had energy for him. so i am very happy that i did it at my age. the energy alone is just amazing. i have about 55 lbs to go. my mom did the srugery a little over a year ago. she had major complications and almost died but that did not stop me. i knew i had my age on my side and i was pretty healthy for the most part. my blood sugar was starting to go up and knee issues. my mom wished she had done it a long time ago when we were growing up but she is doing great now with few complications and still losing weight. the surgery is not the full cure for this, you are right it is making the right choices for the rest of my life. thanks again, Liz
Jennifer V.
on 6/19/06 11:02 am - Waynesboro, VA
Liz, I couldn't agree more with what's already been said. This board is awesome. There's nothing you can't ask these folks, no matter how personal or how silly it may seem. I'm a rookie (6 days post op) but most of the others have tons of wisdom. Good luck. Jenn
ebayer76
on 6/19/06 8:23 pm - Richmond, VA
HI, congrats on your surgery. If you have any questions please ask. i will help out as much as i can. Good luck and it gets easier. i know the first month was very challenging but worth it. Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views