New to boards

ebayer76
on 6/19/06 12:21 am - Richmond, VA
Hi, i am new to the boards. My name is Liz 29 yo and I will be two months post op tomorrow. I live in richmond and have been here for two and half years. I am originally from Leesburg, va and was born and raised there. I am married with an 18mo boy. I started out at 240lbs and am now at 189. My main goal for joining this message board is to get input on how to deal with all the changes that are going on in my life right now and will for a long time. Having trouble still eating and keeping food down. I have lost a lot of weight in just two months and just need some input on how to get my daily calories up with healthy food and not go back to my old ways of eating. Also it has been hard to deal and talk with other people that have not had this surgery or weight issues and know where i am coming from. So it would be nice to meet people that are going thru all that i am going thru now or have gone thru. I look foward to getting to know everyone and chatting. LIz
Christina R.
on 6/19/06 3:30 am - Reston, VA
Liz- I'm still pre-op so I can't help much on the advice side of things (yet!), but just wanted to welcome you to the boards. The people here are very helpful and caring. All the best, Christina S
ebayer76
on 6/19/06 7:56 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi, thanks for the encouragement. Good luck with your surgery coming up. Who is doing your surgery? my mom had hers over a year ago at fair oaks hospital. Take care, LIz
Sharon Q.
on 6/19/06 3:34 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hiya Liz, and welcome!!! My oh my how I wish I had your problems with getting the calorie count up. LOL If I were having that problem I would head for foods that are protein based and higher in calories, such as nuts or cheeses. Almonds are good, cashews or peanuts. I know meats can be hard to tolerate, but beans are good for you and high in protein as well. You could have some refried beans with a little cheese on it. I'm sure there will be plenty of other suggestions, but I wanted to say hello, and tell you you are doing wonderful so far!!! OXOXOOXOXOoXOX Sharon
ebayer76
on 6/19/06 7:58 pm - Richmond, VA
HI, thanks to you as well. I am trying new things to see how they work. i know i will get over this whole calorie intake thing and i know in about six months i will have to watch my calorie intake and be careful. thanks again, LIz
Chyanne2u
on 6/19/06 5:06 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Liz, Welcome to the Virginia Board. You have come to the right place for support & love. Two things we all need when we go through something like WLS. As for me, I am still pre-op with a surgery date of July 3rd. I have been posting here for almost a year now. I don't know if I would have made it through all of what I've gone through without my WLS buddys. They are wonderful and you are so right about needing people that understand all the ups & downs of this journey. I can't offer help right now because I've not gone there yet but if you just need someone to talk to or somone to listen, I'm here for you. Just e mail me and let me know when to get in touch with you. I really love all the new friends I've made here. Some I've met and some I have not. They are having a Boogie & Splash Conference in Richmond this weekend. I will not be able to make the entire conference due to other obligations but that would be a great place for you to meet new people face to face. Just e mail Tinkerbelle or [email protected] of them will be able to give you the information necessary. Lots of Love Kathy-14 days & counting
ebayer76
on 6/19/06 8:01 pm - Richmond, VA
HI, good luck with your surgery. I will not be able to make it this weekend with not having child care for this. i was told no children so not this year. After your surgery yes you can email me with any questions since i am only two months out. [email protected] thanks again and good luck!!!!! Liz
(deactivated member)
on 6/19/06 6:17 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Hello Beautiful ! Welcome to the Va Boards . I would love to help you . First can you tell me what stage you are at > ? What food types are you allowed . I know full well about not being able to tolerate certain foods . What foods are hard for you ? Each day is trial and error . We are all going to have days when things just do not go well .. but the weight loss will happen . There are so many caring people here that you can talk to . As Kathy said , we are holding an EXPO this weekend . There are many coming from this board and other boards from OH . If you want you can email me and I will give you the schedule of events. [email protected] Again . Welcome and we look forward to seeing more post from you . Natalie
ebayer76
on 6/19/06 8:09 pm - Richmond, VA
HI, thanks for the welcome! i am two months post op. I can eat pretty much solid foods now. Some things i still kind of mash up. No lunch meats at all. But it's strange, i can eat steak, some chicken, seafood. as long as it is not dry. I have no appetite at all. so i have to force my self to eat because i know i have to. food is no longer something i enjoy like i used to. which is fine. there are other things in life then just food. i have been dealing with some depression but i am working with my doctor to try to handle that. i think just all the weight loss so quickly. i do have to force my self to exercise and i think if i had someone to do it with, it would be more helpful. I will not be able to make it this weekend with not having child care but maybe next year. i am going to the monthly meeting tonight so hopefully that will help. keep in touch and thanks. any advice will help. Liz
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/19/06 7:17 am - Danville, VA
Hi there Liz! Welcome to the most loving and caring board that there is. There are many angels here and I have made some of the best friends ever from here. I am glad you joined us...It is so hard to deal with eating healthy but it can be done. I never want to go back to where I was! I am 56 years old and finally living a healthy lifestyle. I am also enjoying life for the first time since I was a teenager. You have so much life to look forward to now...wish I could have had this done at your age. Just concentrate on healthy choices for the rest of your life, Hon....Don't waste it away like I did. Hugs, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views