Boogie & Splash???

~*Ginger Locks*~
on 6/17/06 11:25 am - California, MD
Hi everyone! I'm traveling from Maryland for the Boogie & Splash and I'm getting excited about meeting other people from the boards!! And the partying... I hear there's gonna be a DJ! oh, yea.... So...... what should I be packing? I mean, do I need to bring a dressy dress - ya know, like a black tie thing? I know there's a pool party/cookout ...carribean theme one night. Beach clothes? I don't have a lot to choose from in the closet these days...(girlfriend needs to shop!) Soooo..... Whatcha wearin'? WhaddoIpak?? Pam
David@Goal
on 6/17/06 11:51 am - VA
THINK CASUAL!!! Friday - Sweet Virginia Breeze Evening Event - CARIBBEAN THEME - ya know, hawaiian prints, etc - anything casual and fun! (not TOO casual! ) Saturday - EXPO AND RICHMOND TOUR - Dress - again, casual & comfortable. Think t-shirts and shorts, sneakers - POOL PARTY - either bathing suits, shorts - weather permitting we'll be poolside and deck-side. In the event of rain we will be in a ballroom- but still with pool party theme! bring your fave PJ's for the PJ party! Sunday- Hawaiian - "aloha" breakfast - you got it- casual and fun SAVE YOUR FORMAL WEAR FOR JANUARY 2007 - DETAILS TBA AT CLOSING BREAKFAST!!! DAVID
~*Ginger Locks*~
on 6/17/06 12:02 pm - California, MD
Thanks, David! This, I can handle.... Soooooo which night is the DJ playin'? Just curious.... Pam ps - think my hubby will freak if I pack my teddies?? jk...
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/17/06 6:02 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Pam, Looking forward to meeting you! This is a crazy bunch but we have a tremendous amount of fun. I don't have a very full closet anymore since I have undergrown most everything! Sooooo, I will be dressing casual and with not too many choices!! Hehe. Can't wait to see ya there. Hugs, Betsy
~*Ginger Locks*~
on 6/18/06 9:39 am - California, MD
Woo hoo! I love crazy people who love to have fun I'm so excited and pumped. For me, this is a celebration. One year out and at goal! This will also be the first event I have been able to attend with other OH members....so cool! Yes, I've been undergrowing my wardrobe. I think I've finally settled in at this weight and hope to stay right here. But i gotta take it easy on the hubby. I have bought sooooo many clothes over the past year and by the time I get a summer wardrobe established....fall will be here! It's a vicous cycle! Looking forward to meeing you!! Pam
(deactivated member)
on 6/17/06 8:15 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Ya' know Pam, everything Ive read (on several boards) has implied that you should be able to pack EVERYTHING you need in a tiny lil back pack. Coupla' bathing suits and ... well.. and YOU! It'll be the easiest trip you EVER had to get ready for! Oh alright, if you wanna bring a lil something extra, maybe a sundress, jeans, tank tops, in a TROPICAL kinda print. I'll be easy to spot - look for the tall blonde in big ol' loud bright colored patterns all over her muu-muu (moo moo). As far as the DJ goes, I might be wrong, but I think it's FRIDAY night! [sniff sniff] which I'll have to miss, won't be there till Saturday afternoon some time.
Chyanne2u
on 6/18/06 1:14 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Lei, I e mailed David to see if I could slip in on Sat. evening and he said sure, just to let him know a head of time. I now have to convince my hubby that he really wants to go with me. Should be a easy task......yeah right!!! He's not the party animal that I have been known to be. He's very shy around people he don't know. At any rate I do plan on seeing you there if only for a little while. I just want to give all you guys a big ol' hug and let you know how much you've all meant to me in the past and how much I'm gonna need you in the future. Lots of Love Kathy-15 days & counting
~*Ginger Locks*~
on 6/18/06 9:53 am - California, MD
Thanks Leilani..... I should probably take this moment to warn everyone to bring their sunglasses.... my legs could probably BLIND someone I remember reading your story when i was first researching wls.... and I remember being absolutely blown away by your before and afters and your plastics photo's. You are an inspiration! And i understand you are quite the party animal - so I can't wait to meet you! i hope you don't miss the DJ - dancing is something that i LOVE LOVE LOVE to do but never get to. The only places to go dancing around here are baaaaaaddddd. (like wear a bullet-proof vest - bad). I'm looking forward to wearing that dance floor out! See ya there! Pam
Supportgroup4WLS
on 6/18/06 8:29 am - Potomac Falls, VA
I was wondering the same thing. See you at the boogie and splash
cathya
on 6/18/06 11:22 pm - Orlando, FL
You can expect to meet a lot of great folks, learn some new stuff, get some samples of stuff to try and have a great time. Wear whatever you want, no one will care -- we'll just be glad to meet you. CathyA
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views