WLS ATHIEST

(deactivated member)
on 6/15/06 9:33 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I found this posted on someones profile . I found it very profound and wanted to share. WLS is a religion. Most of the rules are accepted like pronouncements from on high, that apply to everyone. I'm a WLS-Athiest. As a WLS Athiest, I don't worry if anyone believes what I believe. I can accept that there are many ways to be successful, there is no secret, no single path to be taken; I don't label those that disagree with me as Non-Believers (wrong), or make-believers (deluded); As a WLS Athiest, I question the rules. By questioning the rules, I understand the principles behind the rules, and what the rules are trying to acheive. I don't follow random rules, I use principle to guide my decissions; As a WLS Athiest, I don't need to be scared into doing what is right, nor do I need the threat of punishment for doing what is wrong; As a WLS Athiest, I don't feel guilt when I violate a principle. I make choices; As a WLS Athiest, I am the final word on what happens to my body; As a WLS Athiest, I don't have to concern myself with BELIEF in my surgeon, nutritionist, PCP, or anyone else, I concern myself with facts and reason, which not coincidentally, my surgeon, nutritionist, PCP, and other advisors provide me; As a WLS Athiest, I don't take myself seriously.
TammyNVA
on 6/15/06 10:04 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Hey Tink, Really love the thoughts and ideas behind this... just having a hard time with the "A" word... let's try to come up with another noun to replace that one. I'm going to think about it and post back.., FYI: I'm home again today with the swollen shut eye AND all done with classes! Call me if you'd like to chat; emailed ya my number in case you don't have it handy. Hard to read or see, but I can talk, no problem! (posting is successful with a LOT of editing!) Love ya, Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 6/15/06 10:08 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Yea I did not care for her choice of ... the A word .. but I did not want to change how she wrote it .. I think we all get it .. but I thought it was pretty deep .. Hope you eye gets better soon .. !! Love ya too sweety .. nat
peacefuldaizy
on 6/16/06 1:00 am - South of Buffalo, NY
I read this on someone's site and just love it ... Atheist and all! What is so horrible about the word atheist??? Annette
NotDave (Howyadoin?)
on 6/16/06 10:35 am - Japan
Sounds more like a WLS non-hypocrite! Good principles for any camp or philosophy. Dave in Japan (From Richmond, lived in Charlottesville and Winchester previously)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views