Is your surgery scheduled at Fair Oaks???

cappymoon
on 6/14/06 10:29 am - Northern, VA
Hello everyone!! My sister and I got back a little while ago from trying to visit Julia Yates. Well, that didnt happen. Let me tell you why...... When I was in the hospital last week, the registration lady came around to me and asked me if I would like for people to know I was there, or if I wanted to remain *annonymous*. I kinda laughed at her, and said that I didnt mind if people called the hospital and asked what room I was in ect. Well, she told me the last time I was there, that I opted to keep that information private. I couldnt believe I would sign a paper like that, but she said I did, and there were ALOT of people who did.....and when we signed it, we may as well not even existed..... Fast forward to tonight. We walked to the nurses desk, and asked for Julia's room. She claimed she was not there. When I asked how many surgeries Dr M. did yesterday, she said one, and I asked her if it was a female. She wouldnt say a word. Then it dawned on me about the confidetiality form I had signed, and I asked her if that is what was holding the info back.....she was not giving out any information for ANYTHING.....So, I know she was there, but was unable to visit with her. So, if you are having surgery at any of the INOVA hospitals, and would like visitors, please make it known on their consent form. I hated leaving there knowing I had told her I would be there today, and I dont know if she remembered, was kinda looking for me, or what. A slip of paper kept us from her room (Usually public figures use that form, not us common folk ) Oh well, we tried
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/14/06 12:23 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....That is so sweet of you and Julie to go visit....Sorry that you couldn't see her. I am sure that she will understand when she realizes what happened. You are special and can't wait to see you again next weekend. Looking forward to some hugs... Hugs, Betsy
Christina R.
on 6/15/06 2:45 am - Reston, VA
Dianna- Thanks for the heads up. I'll do my best to remember to not sign that form!! Only 34 days left! Christina S
Tam
on 6/15/06 3:10 am - Richmond, VA
Sorry you ran into that problem! I just wanted to let you know that it is at every hospital...due to the HIPPA laws. They should all be asking you that when you register. {{hugs}} Tammy
Juliay
on 6/17/06 9:35 am - Alexandria, VA
THANK YOU SO MUCH for trying! That is amazingly sweet of you and your sister. I just posted my update explaining that I was in ICU and that might have added to difficulty of finidng me. Again - thanks for your support! Julia
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views