Is there a visit with out a Program fee?

Kathy & Rich
on 6/13/06 8:25 am - Fairfax, VA
Actually, I've heard Pam on the phone at Dr. M's office and he does charge a program fee but for some reason I think it's like $150-2500. I think that was all. I suspect that doctor's charge program fees because they see patients and sometimes insurances don't pay if bariatrics isn't covered and it is probably hard to collect from the patients themselves. Also, I suspect that many folks come and are given a binder full of information and then don't have the surgery or go to someone else and that stuff costs money too. Plus the good doctor gives seminars and stuff. Perhaps it is a way of getting paid for some of that extra stuff. I know that Dr. Elariny charges over $1000 and I think Dr. Pinnar in Reston who does lapbands changes something in the same range. Yikes! I know that you were a self-pay so the doc got paid a good fee for doing your surgery but for some of the insurances... the doctors don't really get alot. I think Dr. Chebli got paid $1600 for my pre-op, surgery and 1st post-op follow-up. That's all. I had to pay him about $160. That $1600 is his agreed upon price with the insurance. In the big scheme of life, that's not that much money. Glad to see you doing so well and glad you'll be able to come to Richmond next week. Looking forward to seeing you! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 6/13/06 10:06 pm - Remington, VA
I am on the other side of the fence, so to speak. Let me just put it this way, in retrospect I would have been glad to have gone to a surgeon who charged a fee for his or her program. My surgeon has no program, (long story on why i picked him)in fact you go back for two postops and that is it....finito! He does not have a nutritionist he is linked to, so I was referred by my pcp to the local base nutritionist (we're military). She's great for the average patient....we're not average patients! I was the first person she saw that had anything to do with gastric bypass. As everyone else is saying it is best to get in with a surgeon who has a program that will help you through this life changing decision thoroughly! It's better to be armed with tons of information and have a team of experts who are there for you! Best of luck! Kirsten
Dawn C.
on 6/14/06 12:07 pm - Annandale, VA
I scheduled a consult with Dr. Moazzez today. I was told that there was a program fee of $150 to handle the insurance and business of getting approved. Beyond that, I wasn't quoted any other fees....yet. $150 is a good bargain to me if they're going to deal with NYET-na (A*tna) LOL for me. Consider whatever the fee is as an investment for your health. I'm sure I've spent more than 150 in the past on things that did NOT help my health. I know 400 is a big bite from your assets, but hopefully it'll help make your asset (hee hee) smaller in the long run. Best wishes!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 946 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2280 views