Post-Op Question

Juliay
on 6/12/06 1:07 am - Alexandria, VA
Does everyone or almost everyone need a tummy tuck after this surgery? Just curious. Thanks! Surgery is at 7:30am tomorrow Julia PS - My nutritionist was none too pleased with me when she reminded me on Friday that "two days before my surgery, the only liquids to drink should be clear and easy-to-see-through!" I replied.."excellent. You can see through beer." Not a joker, she is. :-p
Bigdanva70
on 6/12/06 1:41 am - Radford, VA
I know I will have to have it done. I am not even at goal yet and the tummy is already a bid old bag of skin YACK
kabarron1
on 6/12/06 1:53 am - Hopewell, VA
Julia, No. Not everyone will need a tummy tuck once they reach goal. It all depends on your age, amount over your goal weight, elasticity (sp?) of your skin (meaning some can snap back better than others), and of course exercise. Some folks don't look like they were ever obese, while other get the dreded "aprin". Good luck to you and I hope you have an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery! Keith 310/189/???
Christine Hood
on 6/12/06 2:37 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Good luck tomorrow Julia! We'll be thinking of ya! Make sure you keep us updated! Christine
Ernurse323
on 6/12/06 4:37 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Julia, it just depends on whatchya want after you get to your weight loss goal. Sometimes I tummy tuck really defines the waist again..and no more loose skin. You will know when you get to that point if you want one, or just wanna suck it in and call it a day !!!! Good luck tomorrow and hang on for the ride. The first few days are a *****allenging but everyday gets better and better. Please keep us informed on how your surgery went !!! Congrats !!!!! Dana
Chyanne2u
on 6/12/06 6:40 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Julie, I am pre-op too so I can't lend too much concerning the tummy tuck. I am almost positive I will need one though. I could use one now........LOL Anyway, I just wanted to say hey and let you know you will be in my thoughts & prayers tomorrow as you enter a whole new phase of your gorgeous life. Keep the faith and do what the doctors say..........and remember this.........the pain is only for a little while.........but the joy will last forever. HUGS!!!!!! Lots of Love Kathy-21 days & counting
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views