Protein Swap - Boogie and Splash

(deactivated member)
on 6/11/06 10:36 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
If you are interested in getting rid of any protein you have sitting around that you just cannot tolerate , and are attending Boogie and Splash . I will have a bin set up at registration where I will collect it . Please keep in mind that if the protein has been opened , that nothing moist can have touced the inside of the container . And if it has been sitting a long time .. well maybe you can just throw it out . But if it is a recent jug .. bring it on .. I am sure that there are a lot of folks out there that can use it . Here is to getting ready to Boogie and Splash .. Tink ..
Sporty Jill
on 6/12/06 1:46 am - Norfolk, VA
Not to put a damper on this, but, is that healthy? I mean, we all pretty much know that we would never hurt one another, but, well, ummmm......... Will someone be monitoring that bin to make sure that no one tampers with it or anything? Jill
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/06 8:07 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
We do it all the time at my support group meeting . And if you have a problem with it .. do not particapate . And I will be monitoring the entire Event . So .. if there are issues , I will check them out . I also plan on chking the dates for expiration as well . Most times when people try something only one scoop is gone .. and this also includes protein bars as well . I am sure no one would eat from an already eaten bar ..
Sporty Jill
on 6/12/06 10:39 am - Norfolk, VA
Not sure why I received a response with tension in it. I asked a very simple question regarding safety. And, my concern was not so much what another member would do, but what someone not affilitated with the convention would do. Since I was on the fence about going or not, thanks for making my decision a bit easier. Jill
track
on 6/12/06 2:32 pm - on the beach down by the bay, VA
Thanks for doing this...years ago lei has some apple nectar...she hated it...but I loved it!...now...who knows...now my fav is anything sugar free and cappucinno flavored!...great way to find out your likes and dislikes without going broke in the process!
TammyNVA
on 6/12/06 10:09 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hey NAT, Sounds good to me... I have a couple to add. Just used one or two scoops from... Thanks for thinking of that! Hugs, Tammy
Susan E.
on 6/12/06 12:44 pm - Purcellville, VA
I think this is a wonderful idea. Thanks Nat for always thinking on your feet and making sure we are all taken care of. You are wonderful. All of those who choose to participate will be thankful. See you soon. Sporty Jill, sorry you will not be coming. You will miss out on a great event. I had hoped to meet you. Susan
(deactivated member)
on 6/12/06 9:05 pm - Henrico, VA
Hi Nat , The protein swap sounds like a great idea! One of the best things I miss about my support group is that we always shared products and information with each other. Wish I could come boogie and splash with y'all, but just got back to Maryland last night from my two week trip to Alaska for my son's wedding. I go back to work tomorrow then will be busy moving into my new place.....haven't even had a weekend in the Richmond area yet, but hope I will be settled in soon so we can get together some time. How's the foot???? I go back to the ortho doc this morning, he was talking about starting therapy on me last time I saw him. I have to wear the boot for another three weeks.....I feel like such a clod!!! Hope y'all get lots of pics......have some fun for me too!!! Hugs, Patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views