Out of curiousity...

Tam
on 6/12/06 3:37 am - Richmond, VA
Hi Amy. I felt horrible on day three after surgery and then slowly climbed back to a normal feeling. I went out whenever I could because I viewed it as exercise. I never needed any help to get up after I left the hospital...just took it slow. I did not lay down for three weeks after surgery because it hurt too darn much. I slept in the recliner. I did try the bed the first night home and it was horrible. Tammy
TammyNVA
on 6/12/06 10:03 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hi Amy, As everyone else has pretty much said, it depends on YOU. I was still pretty out of it even after my 2 week visit. It was about 3 weeks before I was out and about, even for short trips. I DID have other issues, mainly that my sholder was recovering from torn rotator cuff, at the same time. Didn't know what was wrong with the shoulder until a week after surgery, when an xray showed my arm hanging down from the socket. This just made me out of it more than most, I think. I had LAP RNY and initially was to be out of work 4 weeks but ended up out 6 weeks. Just took me longer to recover. I was not that bloated or gassy, actually, just very sore. I had someone around for about 2 weeks, but then my family is a bit over protective and I'm fortunate to have retired parents that are still fairly young and healthy. I slept in the guest bedroom for about a month after surgery because it is more firm and easier for me to get in and out of then my hubby's and my bed. Also, it has an iron headboard which made it easier to get up and down. Hope that helps give you an idea that it's all very individual... Good luck! Hugs, Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views