Surgery is TUESDAY. Hi-I'm new here but feel like I know you

Juliay
on 6/11/06 12:09 pm - Alexandria, VA
Hi there. I'm Julia. I've been reading this forum for the past month. I started the process in April and I CANNOT believe my surgery is day after tomorrow. (Actually as I sit here starving..drinking green tea..I can believe it) I'm having Laparoscopic RNY bypass with Dr. Moazzaz at Fair Oaks hospital. The people are wonderful. You all seem wonderful, too. I have been told this month, throughout my rather rushed appointments, that I seem very "knowledgeable" about the surgery. Well, aside from the general research we all do when we're about to have our insides voluntarily re-arranged (heh heh) I said "I've read a good deal from the pros at Obesity Help...there's nothing like knowledge from people who truly know what you're going through. So I'm in that emotional/freak out stage. It's a quiet freak-out...and I'm certain of my decision. But it is unnerving to be at the point where the decisions are almost out of my hands for a few days. I'm 38. Divorced and have decided to live the rest of my life as happy as I can...that meant taking control of weight issues that have gone on forever. Thanks for all your insight. Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Julia
Amy B.
on 6/11/06 2:48 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Hi Julia... I just wanted to wish you good luck on your surgery. Right behind you on the 21st. If you can, please post and let us know how you're doing when you get home. I've been really emotional for a couple days now. Many of my friends know what's going on and they have all been so supportive and concerned that it's almost overwhelming. I love that "quiet freak-out" thing.....describes it to a T. Tuesday is the first day of the rest of your life....very cool. Take care! Amy
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/11/06 7:29 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Julia....My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. What an exciting journey you are going to go through! My life has not been the same! What a difference 5 months has made...80 pounds gone...a new life and a new beginning. Clothes are becoming an obsession to me....I was never excited about buying clothes but now I have a ball. Alot of wow moments everyday and I am now enjoying life instead of exsisting...I have my life back and it continues to get better. Hugs, Betsy
Kathleen L.
on 6/11/06 9:29 pm - Arlington, VA
Good luck Julia with your surgery. I like coming here to OH.
A10sFrau
on 6/11/06 9:56 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Good luck and Godspeed, Julia!! You will be a big loser later today. Lois
Christine Hood
on 6/11/06 10:40 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Julia! I understand exactly how you feel! I was very excited but so nervous that I was itching for days before my surgery! Don't worry though...you'll do great! We're all here for ya if you need anything! Good luck! Christine
Juliay
on 6/12/06 12:35 am - Alexandria, VA
Thanks Christine. I relate to you on several fronts - from wanting to eat the giant slurpees to trying to quit smoking. Thanks for the well wishes. :wave:
Christina R.
on 6/12/06 12:44 am - Reston, VA
Julia- Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery! Christina S
Michele R.
on 6/12/06 1:11 am - Pittsfield, MA
Julia...Bless your heart honey! I know how you feel. I wish you a swift uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery! Hang in there and we are here for you! Welcome to the board! Hugs! Shele
missmarki
on 6/12/06 1:21 am - Lancaster, VA
Hi Julia, Good luck tomorrow. I am having my surgery on Thursday. I to am in the emotional/freak out stage. I just kept crying off and on all day yesterday. I couldn't sleep last night til I finely took an Ambein at 1am. I would just love to eat from now til Wednesday midnight, but starve instead. Anyway good luck tomorrow I will be thinking of you. Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views