Finally sprung from hospital...

Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 7:41 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Ellen! They really don't have any idea. Syncope (the passing out) can be caused by so many things mainly the vasovagal nerve. My family does have problems with passing out - well, my father and sister do. But usually not me. I haven't passed out in over 20 years. Them, they get stressed and *lights out*. I'm glad they ruled out heart because my mother had heart issues and had triple bypass many ears ago and also clogged arteries. She died of strokes. Her father dies of the heart issues too. At least I know that mine is in pretty good shape. A huge relief. No, I hadn't had any tylenol. I had taken one morphine sulfate that night earlier for back pain. I hadn't taken one in probably 9-12 months but my leg was highly irritated so I did. They knew about that med and didn't think it was the culprit. Plus at the hospital... I did off and on have junior sized chest pains off and on. So who knows... Thanks, Kathy
Supportgroup4WLS
on 6/10/06 9:05 am - Potomac Falls, VA
Kathy, I am so worried about you. You have had your share of hospitals and tests. Keep me posted. It was great to see you and Rich at the Herndon Festival last weekend. Hope to see you at the support group next weekend maybe you will have some new information on what's going on with you. Take care of yourself. Roberta
Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 11:57 pm - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Roberta! I hope to be at the meeting Saturday. It was great seeing you. Your mom is a hoot! Rich and I both thought she was cool. I'm doing well at home. Had to cancel all my weekend plans (bah humbug) and lay low but that is what is best. I doubt I'll get any answers to what happened. The good thing is that my heart is very strong with no signs of anything wrong. That is very comforting, I tell ya. Especially with a family history of heart issues. I'm taking care! Thanks, Kathy
Shanana
on 6/10/06 10:47 am - Altavista, VA
Hope you are feeling better. Hope this does not happen to you anymore. You have been thru enough. Get yourself some rest. Shannon
Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 11:58 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Shannon!
Chyanne2u
on 6/10/06 1:49 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
OMG Kathy, What an ordeal you have been through. I am so sorry you have yet another round of illness to contend with. Please keep us posted and I have to tell you I love your condensed 1-2-3 version of what happened. Please know you are in my prayers continually. Keep the faith!! Lots of Love Kathy-23 days & counting
Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 11:59 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Kathy!
Amy B.
on 6/10/06 3:09 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Oooohhhh my goodness....how scary for your and your husband! Glad you were not hurt any worse from the fall. I am sure you must be very tired from the whole ordeal. Thoughts and prayers are with you that you'll feel better every day.....have no more episodes like that and hopefully you'll be able to look back on it as just one of those things. Take it easy! Amy
Kathy & Rich
on 6/11/06 12:01 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Amy!
cathya
on 6/11/06 7:28 am - Orlando, FL
Kathy, I just logged on and was blown away by your note! I will be praying that they figure out what is wrong FAST. Please take care. Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views