Finally sprung from hospital...

Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 3:27 am - Fairfax, VA
I'm going to go rest now but in brief... Wednesday evening: Go to rest room. Stand up. Have chest pains by left ribs and shoulder. Go lie down on bed. Evaulate pains...definitely not gas. Debate on calling 911 or not. Decide to have Rich drive me to ER. Get to the car and realize I'm very light-headed and don't want to pass out in the car while Rich is driving. Go back towards the house to go back inside and call 911. Pass out cold on the concrete outside the front door, banging head on the building siding (no bumps or headache at all luckily) and manage to only scrape hand. Call 911. Get taken to Fair Oaks Hospital ER. EKG looks fine. CT scan on head shows no injury based on my fall. Get admitted. Get echocardiogram. Stay overnight for stress test the next morning. Get ultrasound of neck (cartoic arteries). Get stress test (apparently part of the stress involved in the test is it taking 5-6 hours as you wait in a wheelchair in the hallways for the cardiologist to be freed up from numerous emergency calls). Doctor tells me my liver enzymes are high. He wants an ultrasound. I tell him my liver enzymes have been running a tad high for a couple of months and I had an abdominal CT scan two months ago. Get to room and eat. Doctor comes in and says he wants ultrasound... liver enzymes aren't a tad high... one is in the mid-300s - CT looks fine but he wants ultrasound. Now that I've eaten, they cannot do one so I get to stay another night. This morning... get ultrasound. Get released. No heart attack. My heart is lovely. Just lovely. No clogs. Nothing to worry about. In fact, my heart recovers really quickly on the stress test - cardiologist is impressed. LOL! Abdominal ultrasound shows nothing wrong. Liver enzymes have dropped since yesterday. I have to follow-up with my primary care physician. The end...
turtlegirl
on 6/10/06 3:48 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Kathy, I can't believe what you went through! OH MY GOSH!! I'm glad you're okay, but obviously there is a concern as to what exactly DID happen, right? Please keep us informed after you see your PCP, and rest, rest, rest....... Crystal
Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 7:34 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks Crystal. Life with me is an adventure, I guess. LOL! With this type of adventure... I'd prefer to go back to boring! Thanks again! Kathy
Kitty Kat
on 6/10/06 4:19 am - Richmond, VA
Hi Kathy, Good grief woman! I am SO thrilled you are all right and were not hurt in your fall. I sure hope they can determine what the heck happened. I hope you get rest and get to feeling much better in the coming days. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Take care Kat
Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 7:36 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Kat, I'm resting well and am feeling better. Kathy
Christine Hood
on 6/10/06 4:48 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Wow Kathy! That must have been scary! I hope you are feeling better now...please keep us updated. You will be in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! Christine
Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 7:36 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Christine! Appreciate the thoughts and prayers! Kathy
Cinderellen
on 6/10/06 4:48 am - Winterville, NC
Hi Kathy, glad you're back home. That is strange, do they have no clue what happened to you? I hope things get better soon. Out of curiosity, had you taken any tylenol recently? I know that when I take tylenol, within a week of a metabolic panel, my liver enzymes are elevated. Not that high, but WLS does change things. Just a thought. ~Ellen
Michele R.
on 6/10/06 6:38 am - Pittsfield, MA
Now Kathy! Why'd you go and do that!? For Pete's sake you went through a little tough spot there didn't you? PTL you are ok and home doing fine! How scarey for you! You have angels watching over you Dear One! I am glad you are ok honey. Big Hugs! Shele
Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 7:43 am - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Shele. Believe me, I would rather have been at work then on my back with monitors on. Hopefully this will just be behind me. I'd rather know the problem but... I can live without knowing as long as it doesn't come back... ya know? LOL! Hugs back, Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views