Is this normal??

Stephanie M.
on 6/10/06 12:33 pm - Hopewell, VA
I am 9 months post op and I was doing excellent in the begining..... I could not wait to lose the first hundred pounds.... which I reached the one hundred pound loss about three months ago...... the problem is I have stayed at this weight every since..... will I start losing weight again? Why am I stuck.... I am doing the same things I was doing before.... Is it over???? HELP!!! I am getting so frustrated and I want to cry when I get on the scale only to find it hasnt moved....... Thanks.... Steph
Kathy & Rich
on 6/10/06 7:53 pm - Fairfax, VA
Steph, Why don't you post and give us an idea of what you eat on an average day, how much water you drink, do you exercise, etc? Perhaps we can give you some suggestions. How much more do you have to lose to hit your goal? Let us help, if we can. Kathy
Stephanie M.
on 6/13/06 5:24 pm - Hopewell, VA
Sorry it has taken me a couple of days to get back but anyway..... I really want to lose 30 more lbs at least to reach the goal my doc set for me I only have to lose ten but since I am the one doing all the work now at this point I feel like its what I want that matters.... Anyway.. lets see on an average day I really dont eat much at all... I might have some grapes or something in the morning... A half a sandwich for lunch.. and a few bites of something for dinner. I really cant stomache anymore than that... I do try to eat more protien although i feel like I could do better.... As far as water goes that is my main beverage these days.. I do occasionally have a diet dr pepper... but I never even drink a third of the can. I am walking alot now I would say at least a mile or two a day... I am not happy at all about all this extra skin but I am trying to keep in mind that my body will catch up. The thing I dont understand is how was I averging a 20 lb loss a month and now... nothing???
Kathy & Rich
on 6/13/06 8:11 pm - Fairfax, VA
I think your lack of eating has caught up with your body and that is why you aren't losing. Your body isn't getting enough fuel and your body fears it is starving so it is holding onto everything. I would think that at 9 months post-op the average person is probably eating about 800-1000 cals a day. Doesn't seem like you are up there. Have you had blood work done? How are your iron and protein levels? I suggest eating more. I know that sounds weird but I think your body doesn't have enough fuel. Eat something, protein focused, every 3-4 hours. Kathy
shoutjoy
on 6/11/06 2:53 am - Culpeper, VA
Normal normal normal. with each plateau, your body is making adjustments. Take a break from the scale and use your clothes as a guide of your progress. Also if you are exercising, muscle weighs more than fat so your weight will fluxuate. Hange in there!! Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views