Silly question - no flames please

Andrea N.
on 6/10/06 12:36 am - Ashland, VA
Hey Julie Sorry I didn't write back last night, I woke up yesterday morning with a little sore throat and feeling a little ucky and took some tylenol and felt a little better and then last night it came back again - I really HATE being sick - and I took some liquid Tylenol Cold PM and was out like a light. I do know Cappymoon - well on here anyway. Again, that is awesome that you have her as a guide. I did read your profile last night and was reading how she programmed your cell phone as to when to take your vitamins - now that is awesome! I'm beginning to think I need to make a trip north (I used to live in Burke/Springfield area) and have her program my cell phone. LOL I had a physical last week with my PCP just because I hadn't had one in a very long time and we were discussing that after my surgery any time I had any "skin problems" to let him know and he would document it in hopes that with enough documentation I might be able to get the insurance to approve plastic surgery and since I work in his office it will be really easy for me to keep him updated on what is going on with me - he will see firsthand day to day how this whole thing works. I also looked at your before and after pictures - I can tell definately tell a difference, makes me even more excited. Hugs, andrea
*~Tigger~ *
on 6/9/06 1:30 pm - Staunton, VA
Hey, Andrea! You're not crazy--in fact you sound down-right normal! Like a lot of people, I thought that I would be the one that the surgery didn't work for. It truly is an amazing journey. I don't have much of a profile, but you might want to look at my before and after pics. I am 5'1.5" tall (or short!), and started this trip at 240 pounds. Now I'm at 112 pounds. There are many days when I still feel fat. I really don't know if our brains ever catch up with our bodies. Take care! JoAnn
Andrea N.
on 6/10/06 12:53 am - Ashland, VA
Hi JoAnn I guess everybody who has been MO thinks this surgery won't work for them and then when it does it freaks our minds out a bit. I am about as tall as you are, but my starting weight is about 80 pounds more than your starting. I am hoping to be around 170 something and I will be very please with that, but even more than the actual number - I am mostly looking forward to the energy. I want to be able to bend over and tie my shoes, I want to get on my knees in my yard and pull weeds and plant flowers, I want to go places with my children that I avoid now because I know walking too much will make me miserable. I did look at your before and after pics and they were AMAZING! You look awesome. Hugs, Andrea
JoyfulLife
on 6/9/06 2:18 pm - Chesapeake, VA
Hi Andrea ~~ You post really touched my heart. I remember looking at my preop self at 467 pounds, BMI 68 and thinking it would be an impossibility to lose all that weight---yet I held out the hope that maybe, just maybe it would work. After all, it had worked for so many others. I was introduced to Obesityhelp.com and read and reread profiles and looked at before and after photos every chance I got. I received the tremendous gift of "hope" from this website. I could not even begin to imagine at that time what I would look like postop yet alone thinking I would ever get to goal. In the beginning it seemed like I would never see any change---then all of a sudden BAM! My clothes were practically falling off my body, I was able to do new things each day that I hadn't been able to do in years, I was getting comments from alot of people about how I was changing not only in physical appearance but also in my spirit. It's hard to believe that I am now 29 months postop and at goal (157 pounds). Yes, I do have ALOT of sagging skin. I did not go into this journey thinking I would ever look like a model but I have had some plastic surgery. Last year I had brachiaplasty (arm lift) and breast lift/ augmentation and am scheduled to have full abdomniaplasty with anchor incision on July 18. I have pretty much decided that this will be my last plastic surgery though I certainly could use many more nips and tucks. I wish you the best in your upcoming surgery and recovery. Hang on, girlie!! You are in for a wonderful WILD ride beyond your wildest dreams. I look forward to reading of your progress and WOW moments. Angel on your shoulder Cindy
Andrea N.
on 6/10/06 1:25 am - Ashland, VA
Hi Cindy I just finished reading your entire profile and what a journey! I found your success to be inspirational and motivating and the more I read, the more I am ready for this to begin. You look WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for the support and encouraging words. Hugs, Andrea
Kitty Kat
on 6/9/06 10:13 pm - Richmond, VA
Hiya Andrea, Nope, not ! In fact, in my opinion it's a VERY common feeling. Most of us I'd venture to say have dealt with obesity from a young age and the amazing tranformations we see so many others go through gets us wondering if it's really a possibilty. I did have a vision of what I thought and even that vision has been exceeded. I had NO idea I'd lose 178 lb, have another baby and have so many wow moments even to this day. I thought about the clothes deal. I figured I'd be shopping for plus sized clothing for many more years to come. I'd sort of made my peace with it. Then in what seemed like forever at times and quick at others the lb came flying off, the sizes in clothing got smaller and smaller and I am hauling it with the best of them. As for this journey we're on is for sure that but it's amazing! I think you will experience every emotion you've got from time to time. Just remember to focus and think of why you are doing this. First and foremost it's about YOU and your drive to live healthier and happier. Then it's about making your journey the best it can be. Make this something YOU will be proud of. I've seen many people say it's for this person or that reason but in all honesty at the end of the day it's truly for ourselves so that we can live our best life and enjoy it with others. We are here for you, to support you, to encourage you and to answer any questions or concerns you may have. We don't always have the answers but we are sure willling to give it our best. In the 3.5 years since having surgery I still come here to learn from others and the best part is that I learn something new ALL the time. Medical technology is ever changing as is nutrition and there is always something easier, better, faster, nicer, tastier etc. for us to try. There is no "silly" question or dumb question for that matter. There are no fears or emotions unfelt at one time or another by us all. There are great days, good days, bad days and down right FOUL days. That is when we turn to one another and say give me that kick in the rear to remind me to pick myself up, wipe myself off and hold my head high. Take care, Kat
Andrea N.
on 6/10/06 2:07 am - Ashland, VA
Darn - okay I will take it from you I am not Thank you so much for your support! You all have been an inspiration to me to know I can do this no matter how scared or it might be and I know that when I have bad and foul days I can come here and get my kick in the rear. Ya know I don't live that far from Richmond (25 minutes to ShortPump) and when I am at goal I really hope that you will go shopping with me and you have total permission to say "I told ya so" Hugs, Andrea
Chyanne2u
on 6/10/06 2:21 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Andrea, Remember this always.....there are no silly questions. If it's something that you are dealing with....then it's not silly and I for one am glad you brought the subject up because I am doing the same thing. I'm pre-op with a surgery date of July 3. I am having all kinds of weird thoughts too. I have looked at my naked body and I too wonder where will it all go.......how will I deal with the excess skin. I think that some of the younger girls (since I'm 51) skin will spring back quicker than mine because I'm old!! LOL I also wonder if I will have to wear a girdle to hold in all the skin. I sit and wonder if I will be able to do this and if this will only be another failed attempt to loss weight. I wonder how many "I told you it wouldn't work" 's will I hear. I guess all of this is very normal for "us" who have lived with obesity for so many years. I can't wait to start this new phase of my life. I am going to be positive and believe in myself. I also have faith in my God who open this path for me. I am going to step through and new & improve, more healthier me. So pick up the positive vibes and you and I are going to do just fine. All of our questions, doubts & worries will be gone before long. Lots of Love Kathy-23 days & counting
Andrea N.
on 6/10/06 2:44 am - Ashland, VA
Hey Kathy! I am at 13 days and counting! We are going to be surgery buddies! I know there are a few people in my life are going to be the ones that would say "I told you it wouldn't work", but I am much more looking forward to being around the people who I know will say "I told you it WOULD work". I will be praying for ya! Hugs, Andrea
turtlegirl
on 6/10/06 3:35 am - In the middle of the woods, VA
Hi Andrea, I just had to respond to you.... I remember feeling "hope" before my surgery, that this time I had the chance to actually lose all the weight for once in my life, and stay that way! The hope was wonderful, however, I had no vision at all of what I would look like..... I think I just couldn't go there because I'd failed so many times. I also had deep fears that I would be the "exception"..... that I would be the one person who couldn't lose weight from the surgery. I'd had so many issues with my metabolism over the years that I was so scared the surgery wouldn't work for me, and the the doctor would say he'd never seen anything like it! I even prepared him - by saying that if I didn't lose weight it wouldn't be because I didn't do EVERYTHING I could to be successful. He just smiled! Well, it's been a beautiful journey that words can barely describe, and I was thrilled to realize that this time I was NOT the exeption to the rule! For the first time in my life I am in single digit sizes - some 4's, mostly 6's. It is still surreal. I lost weight in different proportions than ever before - my legs are thinner, my chest smaller, my arms thinner. I discovered that I actually am NOT big-boned like I thought - but very petite. And I HAVE bones! LOL! Who knew?! It's hard to "foresee" how your body will be in the future - and maybe you shouldn't try. Just enjoy the journey. I have learned one thing from all of this - it is about the JOURNEY, not the "Destination". Enjoy the journey, every step. Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views