Looking for a Personal Trainer (Richmond Area)

platypus
on 6/8/06 12:41 pm - NC
Hi everyone, I'm looking to see a personal trainer for a few times to make sure some of the weight training and ab exercises I'm doing are correct. I don't want to join a gym - 1) cost and 2) I just can't work out in front of people. I live in Henrico County so someone in the Richmond area would be ideal. Has anyone had luck with personal trainers? About how much $$ do they run? Thanks for any help! Sarah 4/3/06 RNY
Tam
on 6/8/06 9:34 pm - Richmond, VA
Sarah~ I have one (actually three) that are provided to me at no cost through my employer. If you can hang on for a couple of weeks we are trying to work something out with Sheltering Arms and their new location at St. Mary's hospital. The cost would be minimal. I will post when I know more. ~Tammy
Chyanne2u
on 6/10/06 1:08 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Sarah, It sounds like Tammy has the most cost effective solution to your problem. Another thought would be to call the local gyms or ymca's and ask to speak to a trainer. Once you have them on the phone you could ask if they do personal one on one training without you having to go to the gym. They may be willing to work out a plan with you where they could come by your home once or twice a week....doesn't sound like you need them on a continued basis. You are just wanting to know if the exercises you are doing are targeting your problem areas....am I right? You would still have to pay a fee for this service but it shouldn't be but once or twice. Another idea would be to check at some of the local churches that have gyms. Sometimes they offer "FREE" exercise programs and I am sure they have to have a qualified person to lead these. Just some thoughts I am sharing with you. I may be in need of something like that in a month or so. My surgery is July 3rd. Lots of Love Kathy-23 days & counting
Marie K.
on 6/10/06 12:19 pm
If you are a military dependent I know it is they (personal trainers) are free at any military gym, all you have to do is call and make an appointment..
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views