HELPI AM SINKING!!!!!!

baby
on 6/5/06 8:01 am - VA
I have been having trouble out of my husband. He has always drank, But now it is constantly. I am ready to pick up and leave but, this is my house that I bought and my land given to me by my mom and dad. I have started eating things that I really shouldn't and I know that. I don't want to go back to being the big person that I was before.But food is my friend right now. Any advice will be good right now.Please help before I go back to being the good year blimp again. I am down from 182 to 161 pounds abd loving this. THANKS FOR LISTENEING TO COMPLAIN
Tam
on 6/5/06 8:06 am - Richmond, VA
I do not really have any advice for you because I have never been through something like that. I just wanted you to know that we are here for you and to say maybe you should go to a support group or talk to a therapist if it is possible. I am here...let me know if you need anything. {hugs} Tammy
A10sFrau
on 6/5/06 8:06 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
We are your friends. Not food! Food is to keep you alive. We are here to support you. Sounds like you need to confront your husband. He needs the ultimatum you would probably rather not deliver--"Stop drinking or leave". It is your home--so do not give it up. AND, do not give up your terrific weight loss, either. You can do this! Lois
Ernurse323
on 6/5/06 10:10 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Well, you have already identified what is going on and recognized that you are eating as a way to deal with this issue. That right there is the biggest hurdle. Now you have to decide what you want to do about it. You have decided already that you don't want to blimp back up. ( I can totally relate on this one...been there and done that. ) Is his name on the title of your house also? Do you want him to get help or do you want out of the marriage? Don't sabatoge yourself. Don't let it be an option. Go outside and take a jog or something instead with your Ipod blasting to drown out the situation for a bit..You have worked too hard to get to where you are now. When I lost all my weight without weight loss surgery before I was in a terrible marriage. I first made a decision to lose all the weight. I guess that was the first step to getting control in my life. Then I decided to go back to advance my degree so I could comfortably support myself without the jerk, ummm I mean without my husband. I made a plan for myself and when I had my ducks in a row I served him with papers. He knew it was coming and had 2 years to get his stuff straight but chose not to. hey..if you need to talk email me...Good luck. remember ..No sabatoging yourself !!! Enough people do it for us !! Big Hugs and hang in there, Dana
baby
on 6/5/06 10:16 am - VA
His name is on the title of the house but not on the land. i bought the house with money from an injury i received in an auto accident. I went for a long walk and have told myself that I will not let tis person bring me down. He has a problem and want admitt it he feels that he is dong no wrong. I am working and paying my own way through life. So if he feels like alchol is more important than his marriage then i say have fun on a cold lonely night being hugged up to a liquor bottle.
Cinderellen
on 6/6/06 1:46 am - Winterville, NC
Hi A. Stuart. I am sorry that you are going through this. I don't know what advice to give other than, is there a local Al Anon chapter near you? They are a support group for families of alchoholics. They might have some ideas for you. Just a thought. Take Care. ~Ellen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views