Negative Unsolicited Advice from Co-worker~Rant

Lelandmm
on 6/7/06 2:45 am - Chesapeake, VA
Kate, I had to switch insurance, so my process was about a year. Once the word got out I was going down that road, I had some lady in accounting chase me around the office several times a week trying to change my mind. Basically, she is like a 14, and miserable. She also has a husband who thinks she's fat and bugs her about it all the time. Her sister in law had a GB, lost 200lbs, then had a fistual, gained alot of weight back, and her insurance wouldn't fix the problem. So now, she's doing Weigh****chers and so forth again to try to deal with her now just about normal digestive system. So every week for months, she would stop me in the hallway, stop me in the bathroom, block me at the copier, on and on and on. Trying to convince me to change my mind. She just kept telling me that if I didn't die, that I was going to gain it all back, my staples were going to rupture, I would gain back more than I lost. Just on and on and on. Basically she was scared I would loose so much, I'd be smaller than her. (why i dont know). You have to make the decision yourself. If you have made it, just ignore the comments. Don't try to convince people that you are right. Just let them keep their opinion. I am thrilled I had the surgery, I would do it again in a heart beat. I am trying to get a policy for my husband to have it. No, it doesn't solve every problem you have ever had, but it does help! Leland
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views