Walk From Obesity ???

(deactivated member)
on 6/4/06 9:28 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I just went on to the ASBS site to gather info for this years Walk . I clicked on our state and the only events registered are the Northern VA and the Norfolk Walk . I did not see a Richmond Walk listed .. Does anyone out there know if Richmond is going to particapate ????? IF not this is really sad .. we have never missed a walk . Nat
Tam
on 6/4/06 9:45 pm - Richmond, VA
Nat~ Our support group usually works with Dr. Hutcher and does this for Richmond. I have not heard much in the positive way about doing it this year. I think one of the biggest concerns is that we as a walkers group gave over $10,000.00 each year for the last two or three years and they (the ASBS) do not give anything back to us as a group in Richmond. I will ask this Thursday at the meeting and see what (if anything) we are doing this year and let you know.~Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/06 10:02 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I just sent you another post .. That is sad . I like going so I can be with others form our area .. If they do not do it this year I will probably go up to NOVA ... HUgs, Nat
cheryl_jagow
on 6/4/06 10:47 pm - CHESAPEAKE, VA
When is the norfolk walk? Where do you go to find info?
Kelli
on 6/4/06 11:08 pm - Portsmouth, VA
Morning!! Last the local walk was in Newport news, My surgeon's group sponsored. I know ASBS has a webiste with all the info. Dont know the web addr though. It was fun last year. p.s. Sorry coulnt make it will yall to see Christine Saturday, I forgot my son had his graduation activities all weekend. And then realized Sat morning, I left your phone # at work. Sorry, but glad to hear yall had a good time. Hugs, Kelli
Sporty Jill
on 6/4/06 11:36 pm - Norfolk, VA
Dr. Clark's office is starting to put info out about it. I "think" it's in September. Since there are several of us here who are dr. Clark's patients, I'm sure we can get the info and post it. Jill 263/173/145
Christine Hood
on 6/5/06 1:16 am - Fort Eustis, VA
I'll let you know when I find out. It is in September...that's all I know. One of the nurses with my surgical group is on the committee so she will be updating us.
Christine Hood
on 6/5/06 1:16 am - Fort Eustis, VA
I'll let you know when I find out. It is in September...that's all I know. One of the nurses with my surgical group is on the committee so she will be updating us.
Christine Hood
on 6/5/06 12:56 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Nat! I don't know about Richmond but although it is not sensitized, Norfolk Surgical is involved in a Norfolk walk...sounds like a great reason for ya'll to head back to the beach!! I'll post the info when I get it. Christine
(deactivated member)
on 6/5/06 11:40 am - Henrico, VA
Hey Nat, I was hoping for a walk too, I have always participated in the past years when I was in Alaska. I was involved in a very active support group there and we actually started our own walk. Since there were no local surgeons we went out and got our own sponsors and got t-shirts and balloons, etc. made up and now it has turned into an annual event. If you hear of one later on in Richmond be sure to let us know....if it doesn't come about, I would be happy to go to NOVA or elsewhere with you!! I am back in Alaska this week for my son's wedding, but hope to see you soon after I return next week. Hugs, Patty
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views