Tiny

Kathy & Rich
on 6/3/06 10:07 am - Fairfax, VA
Back last summer, my sister gave me trash bags full of clothing (yes, there were the 29.5 jogging suits included) including many pairs of jeans in a variety of sizes. She had lost weight and gotten down to about a size 6 and gave me all her bigger things. I remember looking at much of it and thinking I'll probably never got small enough to fit in some of them. She didn't care, she wanted me to have 'em. She told me not to freak out at the one pair of size 6. She said they ran big. I remember thinkin' "size 6"... never, no way, no how, never. Well, dang if I didn't wear those size 6 jeans today. They are DKNY stretch capri jeans and cute as a button. In other pants, I'm wearing a size 10 and a few 8s and if I had to state my size... I'd say 10. But the mere concept that I was wearing a size 6 comfortable and without using WD-40 to lube by body to slide them on and button them... just astounds me beyond belief and comprehension. I went to a special support group meeting and heard several comments about how good I looked and one woman whom I haven't seen in a few months told me I was downright "tiny". You know what... I felt "tiny" today for the very first time in my life ever. Kathy ~lap RNY 5/20/2005~5'7.5"~ ~276/244/165/160 (consult/preop/current/goal)~ 5 lbs to goal~ **At my lowest weight ever as an adult... back to my 8th grade weight!**
Jennifer V.
on 6/3/06 10:19 am - Waynesboro, VA
kathy, I'm so happy for you. I know it takes a lot of work and dedication to lose that much weight. I hope you're proud of yourself. Jenn
Kathy & Rich
on 6/3/06 12:18 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Jenn! I have had to work hard at this. My body isn't a fast loser by comparison to many. I honestly believed that my weight loss had stopped at about 8 months post-op and I had to dig deep to find some changes to make and I've done it and it is finally paying off. Appreciate the kind words and yes... I am proud of myself. Kathy
Chyanne2u
on 6/3/06 11:10 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Oh Kathy, I can only imagine how elated you feel. What a wonderful way to start a weekend. You look wonderful and I have to say with all that you've been through you definitely deserve this WOW moment and many many more. Congrats on the size 6 and you know the rule of thumb. If you can get into any size 6......then you are a SIZE 6!!!! End of discussion! Love you, Kathy-29 days & counting
Kathy & Rich
on 6/3/06 12:20 pm - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Kathy! Like your rule of thumb. Just think... you are now in your surgery month! I want to recommend joining the forum here for the folks having the surgery the same month as you. My "Maysters" from 2005 rock and it was nice to be at the exactly the same place post-op as so many others. Lots of great sharing and commisserating. (This, of course, as an addition to the VA forum and not a substitute...) Kathy
Chyanne2u
on 6/3/06 1:16 pm - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Kathy, That's a great idea. I did go into that earlier but didn't post. I think I will go there now. Not a bad idea at all. Thanks for recommending it to me. I have learned so much from all of you here on the Virginia board. Everyone means so much to me. Love ya!! Kathy-29 days & counting
H. MC
on 6/3/06 11:41 am - Arlington, VA
WTG Kathy we have the same former 8th grade weight Later Heather
Kathy & Rich
on 6/3/06 12:13 pm - Fairfax, VA
Twin daughters from other mothers separated at birth 20 years apart?
H. MC
on 6/4/06 1:13 am - Arlington, VA
SISTER!!!! I always knew my dad had other children
Kathy & Rich
on 6/4/06 8:44 am - Fairfax, VA
The same father? Geez, yours must have the sweaty head thing going on too since I thought I inherited that from my dad (of record)... Mom, that vixen...
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views