Me TOO!!! June 21st!!

Amy B.
on 6/3/06 8:39 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Hi Everybody.....loooooong time no post! I've been lurking every night about 11 but have been just waaay too tired to try to add much. When prayers have been asked for....I've prayed and I've really tried to follow what's going on with everybody. I was so relieved to see the post-op post from Shele....was starting to hold my breath! You all look SO beautiful...the transformations are phenomenal. I've got to say to Natalee...that's gotta be the fastest recovery from a broken ankle in the history of man! If that's what protein does for us.....I'm pounding the stuff down!!! I updated my profile a little bit and will put a "right before" photo on in a few days. I could put one up there that was taken of me, having fallen asleep, at my son's swim meet....but it looks like Jobba the Hut (sp?) and I figure....you know what....I'm just not going to beat myself up anymore about my weight. I'm doing something about it and that's all that matters. Oh...and all that talk about this being the "easy way out" Ha! My motto, before anybody can even say anything is, "Weight Loss surgery is NOT for sissies!" It's been a long wait (well kinda....long time but went by pretty fast...time just does when you're 46) but my life is so so busy that I feel like it's been a "God thing" that it is happening at the time that it is.....just when I wanted to....in the summer when I could recover while relaxing with my friends at the neighborhood pool. THANK you all for the wonderful information that you post. I'll try to be better about that. I'm kinda shy on here and sometimes have the problem of thinking maybe my information is not significant but really....I want to come out and contribute whatever because it's only fair....you never know what missing piece of someone's puzzle you might be holding. And sometimes that's what this has seemed like....a great big puzzle. The last piece that's missing in my case is the mystery of surgery itself....having never been operated on before and that's really something that only God and all the prayers I have behind me can help with. Oh....I wanted to say that for now my favorite proteins are Unjury (all flavors and I do different things with them. Love a cup of hot cocoa made with the chocolate and sometimes a mixture of chocolate and vanilla at bedtime.) I also like Nectar Fuzzy Navel....but especially the Lemon Tea. The individual packs of those are so great for my lifestyle.
Michele R.
on 6/3/06 9:11 am - Pittsfield, MA
Thanks so much Amy! Congrats on your date! WOOHOO! It is really incredible how as soon as you are post op you have ZILCH for an appitite. I never though****er would be so difficult to consume but it really is when you have to sip sip sip all day long. I am doing ok though. Glad to be home in one aspect but wish I hired a Nanny! LOL Hugs! Shele
TammyNVA
on 6/3/06 9:26 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hey Amy, Congratulations and I'll be praying your surgery goes smoothly on June 21st. I, too, don't post often as life takes over and who has the time?! I'll be 45 in two months... I completely agree about the time thing. CAN NOT believe it's been 6 months since my surgery, seems like just a month ago, or so... but sometimes it seems like forever. I'm the same person and a different person all at the same time! Personally, I don't have time to fool around with the protein drink mixes and buy ready made, like Achiev One (love the mocha java.) More expensive, but worth it since I DRINK them! I also do the Profect. They were my life saver in the protein department just after surgery when I couldn't take much in. I recently discovered that the Starbucks grande non-fat latte is 16g of protein (contains 2 cups of non-fat milk and 1 shot of espresso.) Works for me! Everyone is just as important as anyone else here... we are all connected by obesity and the trials and tribulations we've all had to deal with; and overcome it's effects on our lives. This surgery is a TOOL and nothing more. YOU hold the key to your weight loss. Let no one discount the effort, fortitude, sacrifice, and determination it takes to make this a successful journey. It's not a diet, it's your life. Love it... Live it... Hugs, Tammy
Kathy & Rich
on 6/3/06 10:08 am - Fairfax, VA
Congratulations, Amy! Excellet news. Your day will be here before you know it. Best wishes, Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/3/06 1:06 pm - Danville, VA
Amy, Honey, you can not even begin to imagine the journey you are going to have....I have never felt better in my life. I am 56 years old and living like a teenager again...complete with attitude...hehe, just kidding. I have lost 80 pounds since 12-16 and a bad husband...hehe. Long story but I truley have my new beginning and a new life. I have never been happier. You will do just fine with the surgery and will be a complete success..We are all here for you and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs, Betsy
Amy B.
on 6/3/06 1:50 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Thanks Everybody!!! I know everything will be just fine. Probably the hardest time will be the five days before surgery when I have to do the clear liquid diet followed by the "liquid dynamite." (me on the way to the bathroom!) That too will pass and I'm just stocking up lots of chicken broth, jello and sf popsicles....and TP....and magazines. I figure if I can handle that five days....I can do anything.
~ Julie ~
on 6/4/06 12:54 am - Reston, VA
RNY on 04/18/06 with
Don't worry about it, it WILL be just fine. The clear liquids preop ARE pretty tough, but once you get through it, you tend to forget how crappy it was. I don't know if you're open or Lap, but there may or may not be clear liquids post op too. (Laparoscopic people are on a clear liquid diet for a week after). Now with the bowel prep, I sailed on through, had to run to the bathroom every five minutes for a couple hours, but no pain, didn't feel ill or anything. My sister on the other hand told me that she felt like she gave herself the flu. The difference was that I had been on two protein shakes and a small meal a day, and she had been eating fairly normally. With you on a 5 day clear liquid diet beforehand, there should really be nothing to clean out at that point, so you should breeze on through too. Good luck to you. Everyone has said it already, but this will be the best thing you have ever done for yourself. The pain immediately afterwards will be almost unbearable (especially when they take the pain button away ) but you quickly forget it. Then you get to "melt" which is what someone at work told me I was doing. Julie
Amy B.
on 6/3/06 2:10 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Hmmmm...I did a signature on here but it's not coming through. Oh well.
BigBob Notforlong
(Gizmo)

on 6/4/06 8:12 am - Mechanicsville, VA
Well it looks like we'll climb up on the losers bench together-congrats on the date and best wishes to you! Bob
Ernurse323
on 6/4/06 10:12 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Amy !!! Wow...another June 21ster !!!!! I really really wanna say that day is the longest day of summer. I am gonna do an internet search on that now !!! it is It is !!!!!! Very kewl !!! Thanks for you opinions on the protein drinks !!! I will try some of those. Natalie has me hooked on the FuzzyNavel nectar. I ordered samples of the others and well, actually, I think mud might taste better I look forward to reading about your journey !!! Hope the next few weeks are smooth sailing. It was all be worth it !!! Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views