Finally, I am HOME SWEET HOME

Stacey D.
on 6/3/06 11:48 am - Harrisonburg, VA
Hello OH Family, I am finally home after a long weeks stay at UVA hospital. Turns out had a pretty bad blockage, but with alot of pain killers, lots of rest, and some great hospital staff, I am doing better. Looks like the blockage is caused by old scar tissue from my original surgery. During my hernia repair and TT/Breast lift, Dr. Schrimer will take a look inside my new instestines, and remove any scar tissue from my old stomach (which they think where the little devil is that is getting my stuff all twisted. Since my surgery is 17 days away and I would prefer not to go back to UVA until the day of surgery, I will be back to the bare basics, soft foods. I think I will even stay away from most meat unless very easy to go down. I don't want to help this problem in anyway. Just for those who don't know me...I am 20 months from my original surgery, so what I am trying to say, remember this was a life long change, I thought I was free and clear from these little "issues", but in fact the Doc said it usually takes about 18 months or so for these problems to arise. Most of all, I want to thank each and every one of you that prayed and called and contacted me....I am so thankful for the great friendships I have deleloped here. You guys are truely wonderful! Thanks again and take care! Stacey
Kathy & Rich
on 6/3/06 12:16 pm - Fairfax, VA
Wow, Stacey... You've been through so much. Glad to hear there is a plan to get things fixed up very, very soon for you. Since you are restricted on your eating for the next few weeks try to get protein shakes in if you don't normally or up them. Protein will help with the healing from your surgery and plastics! (Ask Leilani about that one!) Nice to see you back! Best wishes and I hope all goes well later this month and that you are recovery very quickly. Kathy
Betsy Anitahug
on 6/3/06 12:53 pm - Danville, VA
Hi Stacey...So glad to see you back online. I sure hope they get all this taken care of for you. You have done so great and you look wonderful..Keep us updated and you have been in my thoughts and prayers... Hugs, Betsy
A10sFrau
on 6/3/06 1:12 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Glad to hear you are doing so well, Stacey, and that you are just a hop and a skip from your tt/breast lift hernia repair. You will be ANOTHER new you!! Smootches, Lois
Sporty Jill
on 6/3/06 8:54 pm - Norfolk, VA
Stacey.... Glad to hear that you are doing a bit better and home. Thanks for reminding us that this is a LIFE CHANGING thing. That once the weight is off we cannot revert back to our old selves. Jill 263/174/145
(deactivated member)
on 6/3/06 10:12 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Stacy, I have been thinking about you!! I know you have gone through a lot. I still remember looking at your nice memory book, and still plan to do one!! Take it easy these nex few weeks. That was interesting what you said about being 20 months out and still can have problems. I always think once you are that far out you are home free!! Is your husband here or is he still deployed? I hope he is home for you now. love donna
~*Country Girl*~
on 6/3/06 10:23 pm - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
I missed you yesterday Donna! Wasn't the same with out you. Everyone looked so different yesterday and only after 2 months of not seeing them! Everyone looked just beauitful. I really wanted to see your progress. Keep us updated! Love ya bunches! Lisa
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/06 11:03 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Lisa, I loved the pictures I saw of your m/g! Your sister is looking so awesome!!! You guys look so much alike. Tell her how beautiful I think she looks. I have made some progress but look pretty much the same as when I last saw you. But hopefully I'll see you soon. Are you guys going to Richmond?? I hope so. love you Lisa! donna
~*Country Girl*~
on 6/3/06 10:35 pm - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
I am so happy that you are home! I know that bed of yours had to have felt like heaven last night! Are you going to try and go back to work on Monday or are they telling you to stay home for a few more days? I missed you yesterday too at the M-n-G! I just hijacked and told Donna the same thing. We did have 2 new people show up which was great! I'm sure they will post pictures soon. Take care of your self and rest! bunches of hugs! Lisa
cpatters
on 6/4/06 3:04 am - Rockingham County, VA
Welcome back! I am glad that you are doing better, hope that all stays well until your TT/BL & hernia repair. Let me know if there is any thing that I can do for you. You have my phone #. Do not hesitate to call. Hugs!! Cathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views