MY SONS HEART MURMUR!!! :sniff:

(deactivated member)
on 5/30/06 10:52 pm - Remington, VA
Cheryl, My sons, 13 and 9, and I all have heart murmurs. I was the only one that was sent for further testing, and this was in Italy while we were stationed there. Mind you they aren't like us Americans who are all about modesty. So I had to walk around, obese and topless with gargantuan boobies haging all over. Anyway. The echocardiogram, which is kind of like a sonogram for your heart, showed the tiny murmur that I have and nothing else. The only precautions I have to take are antibiotics whenever I have any kind of dental work, even just a cleaning. My guys are perfectly ok. Their's are barely detectable, and it depends on who's listening. For us it is something we have to mention to every new doc we see and that's about it. Like Dianna, and others said, try not to freak out. This is one of those times where Mommy needs to at least appear calm and collected for your son's benefit. I'll be hoping for the best of health for your son! Kirsten
Ernurse323
on 5/30/06 11:09 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hola Cheryl !!! I know you are worried sick over this. Let me tell you..nothing will ease your mind until you find out the results from the echocardiogram. BUT let me tell you this from my experience from working pediatrics.... It is most likely a S3 sound that the pediatrician heard which sometimes come and go. You can do a internet search on pediatric heart murmurs to familiarize yourself with it some. Sometimes the swoosh sound from the valves closing and different things make sounds that different practicianers are not too familiar with so they send you out to just BE SURE it is nothing else. Is he slow to gain weight or small for his age? Does he tire easy? Hang in there. if you want to read some of my books or want me to send you some of my ebooks on cardiology and murmurs I can !!! Big Hugs, Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views