MY SONS HEART MURMUR!!! :sniff:

cheryl_jagow
on 5/30/06 11:35 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
I TOOK MY SON CAMERON WHO IS 4 TO THE DOCTOR TODAY FOR HIS SHOTS AND A PHYSICAL. THE DOCTOR SAID THAT HE HAS A HEART MURMUR. I KNOW HE HAD ONE WHEN HE WAS A BABY, THE DOCTOR SAID IT WILL GO AWAY, AND I THOUGHT NOTHING ELSE OF IT, AND IN A LATER CHECK-UP THE MURMUR "WENT AWAY". WELL I GUESS IT EITHER NEVER WENT AWAY OR SOMETHING. HE HAS A HEART MURMUR AND I HAVE TO TAKE HIM TO A CARDIOLOGIST NEXT WEEK TO RUN TESTS. THE DR SAID THE HOLE IN HIS HEART SHOULD HAVE CLOSED UP. IM A LITTLE FREAKING OUT! HE GOT THE WIND KNOCKED OUT OF HIS TONIGHT, AND I WENT OVER THERE TO HIM, HE WAS SCARED, AND I PUT MY HAND ON HIS CHEST AND HIS HEART WAS BEATING SOOOOO FAST. I AM A LITTLE WORRIED ABOUT THIS. I HOPE NOTHING SERIOUS WILL BECOME OF THIS? I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO WAIT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS AT HIS APPOINTMENT AT THE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL. ANY SUGGESTION??
MrsTonyaBrown
on 5/30/06 11:49 am - Jacksonville, FL
I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope everything turns out okay. Maybe it's just taking a little longer to heal over. Just take it easy and don't let him freak out too badly. Hugs, Tonya
Christine Hood
on 5/30/06 12:04 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Awww Cheryl, I'm sure he will be ok! If you need anything, let me know! Christine
cheryl_jagow
on 5/30/06 9:03 pm - CHESAPEAKE, VA
im sure he will be fine. i will see u sat! good luck with your surgery!!!! i am praying for you!!!
cappymoon
on 5/30/06 1:37 pm - Northern, VA
Cheryl, I went through this with my 4 yr old, about a year ago. My PCP found a hear murmur and sent her on for further testing (to a childrens cardioloigist). Let me tell you, from the time of the referral to the actual appointment, I was scared out of my mind on the *what ifs*. The appointment went fine, and I was told that whatever was causing the murmur it would take care of itself. So, here is my advice to you. Do not freak out till AFTER the appointment to the cardiologist. They should be able to tell you at that point if something is wrong or not. I was told there was nothing to worry about 10 mins into the appointment. So, please wait to be freaked out, untill there is something to be freaked out about (I know, easier said than done!!) You and your son are in my thoughts and prayers..... Dianna
cheryl_jagow
on 5/30/06 8:58 pm - CHESAPEAKE, VA
what type of test did they conduct in 10 min? i hate when i dr says oh its just natural or what ever. and they run no tests and a month later the problem is worse because the dr didnt do anything. i just want to make sure sure sure nothing is wrong! mothers natural fears! u know anyways thanks for the help and support!!!!
Kathy & Rich
on 5/30/06 7:25 pm - Fairfax, VA
I was born with a heart murmur. Docs can still hear it. It isn't loud. Mind you, I was born in 1960 but I've never been to a cardiologist. Have had EKGs for pre-op testing a bunch of times and all is fine. My bariatric surgeon made all former Phen-Fen patients (I took it for a week, I think then my liver enzymes were elevated so I went off it) take a echocardiogram. All was well. I don't have to pre-medicate at the dentists office or anything else special. No restrictions on my life at all. No discomfort. No nothing. I hope the same for your son! Kathy
Tam
on 5/30/06 8:53 pm - Richmond, VA
Cheryl, Sending happy thoughts and prayers your way. My sister has a heart murmor and she is fine. She was born with it, too will be 40 this year (shh...don't tell her I told her age!). Try and relax like Dianna said and let me know if I can do anything. {{hugs}} Tammy
cheryl_jagow
on 5/30/06 9:00 pm - CHESAPEAKE, VA
im sure this murmur is just because..... and im sure it will go away. i just have this thought in the back of my mind about something being wrong with him. i know it nothing. thanks everyone!
Sporty Jill
on 5/30/06 9:43 pm - Norfolk, VA
Oh Cheryl............ I don't know anything about heart murmurs. But, I'm here if you need to talk. I cannot imagine anything bad happening to my boys, and would never wish anything bad on anyone... especially their kids. So, sending bright clouds and lots of prayers your way........... Jill
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views