WSL meeting at Radford Hospital

Bigdanva70
on 5/31/06 2:10 am - Radford, VA
I went to my first WSL meeting at the Radford Hospital last night. I know ... kind of silly to go to a meeting after almost 9 months after the surgery but I figured it could not hurt plus maybe I could share alittle bit about my experiance with some people who have not had the surgery yet. Much to my suprise there were like 25 people cramed in a small room. It was great... people telling about their experances. I told the group how much i lost and they clapped for me yAHHHHHHHH. But it was cool. I would not mind going back again. Does anyone else gain anytyhing from going to the meeting after the WLS?
(deactivated member)
on 5/31/06 2:54 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Daniel , The greatest support is those gotten from others that walk your walk . I lead a support group here in the Tri-city area . I love it .. I gain something each time I go ... There is always a different WOW moment to share among the group .. We share stories .. recipes .. work on goals ... it is very important to have as part of your journey - no matter how many monts post op or pre-op you are . GOOD FOR YOU ... !!!! I am so glad to see you going ... Keep us posted on what all you guys do .. Hugs , Natalie
Tam
on 5/31/06 3:17 am - Richmond, VA
Daniel, I go to a meeting almost every week. We have different ones each week and they are very helpful. I do not lead the group, but I am involved in several committees and like Nat said...I take something new away every time I go. They are a staple for me...just as are my vitamins, water and protein. Most of the people there can relate to you where as most of your family can not do this first hand. It is great to be on here but I love the face to face at the meetings. Tammy
Kathleen L.
on 5/31/06 8:56 am - Arlington, VA
I would not miss my support group meeting because I get a lot of support and ideas that I didn't know about.
Julie R.
on 6/1/06 6:37 am - Belspring, VA
Hey Dan! I thought you looked familiar I came in with the first bunch of late arrivals (when they had to go in search of more chairs). I missed the original announcement of your weightloss, but you are doing great. If I had been there I would have been clapping for you too. I've really enjoyed going to the meetings, but I wish that there was a way I could get more out of it for myself. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy how it is opened up for the prospective & preops to ask questions. It was a blessing for me before my surgery, but I wish that a section of the meeting could include topics we face after surgery. I love to hear about everyone's successes!!! It just seems to be the same meeting over & over again w/ the same questions, same answers. The end of the meeting where everything comes unhinged bugs me too. There were so many individual conversations going on, I couldn't focus on any of them, so I headed home. I'm thinking about going to the one in Roanoke to see if all group meetings are just the same, but it is such a long drive to get there. Sorry if I come across badly. It's probably a case of boredom Now that the weight is coming off, my attention isn't what it used to be I'm sure I'll be back; I love feeling that I can help out the pre-ops w/ my experiences. It would just be nice to do add in something new. Great meeting you on Tuesday!!! Again, your loss has been awesome Julie 238/189/165/135
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views