Broken Bones - Creative Workout

Lelandmm
on 5/30/06 12:40 am - Chesapeake, VA
Just when I am in a regular routine of going to the gym 3 days a week for an hour, I break bones in my foot!!! I dropped a paint can on my foot yesterday and my husband accidentally stepped on the same foot. Its all purple and ugly now. Needless to say, I can't wear anything but flip flops. My gym will now allow us on the floor unless we are wearing sneakers. So I can swim but that is about it. So now I am going to have to get creative with floor exercises I can do at home, and start swimming until the swelling goes down enough for me to get a sneaker on my foot. Its just so darn frustrating! I am in a great routine, and now I have broken bones and I can't continue with my routine for a couple weeks!!! Leland
Ms Court
on 5/30/06 12:59 am - Remington, VA
Leland, that sucks about your foot. Hopefully the swelling will go down quickly. I am sure someone here will have great ideas for some floor exercises. Courtney
Lelandmm
on 5/30/06 1:21 am - Chesapeake, VA
I've already got several things that I do. I'm too cheap to pay for a personal trainer, but I jus****ch what they have their clients doing and try to copy it. I have a good hour of stuff I can do at home. Its just frustrating that I was in such a good routine and now my foot is all swollen and I can't get a regular shoe on! I am just waiting for the HR Nazi chic here to write me up for wearing flip flops!
Kathy & Rich
on 5/30/06 8:21 am - Fairfax, VA
Sorry to hear of your injured paw, Leland. Good for you to alter your exercise plans to fit the injury. You go, girl! That's dedication. Get well soon! Kathy
Lelandmm
on 5/30/06 8:27 am - Chesapeake, VA
I am going to walk around the neighborhood until it starts screaming and then do as much as I can floor wise. Tomorrow night, I'll swim as long as I can stand it. (the pool is always COLD!) Why couldn't I break my foot when I didn't work out?????
Kathy & Rich
on 5/30/06 8:47 am - Fairfax, VA
Be careful walking on that, ya hear??? Don't want you hurting it more or worse and ending up needing surgery or something - that wouldn't be good! You can do things like crunches and such. Take a chair and bend your legs up on the chair and crunch you go. You can do things like work your upper body with weights while seated. If you don't have weights use canned foods and such or water in bottles. Lots of ways to workout despite the injury. Be careful!! Kathy
Christine Hood
on 5/30/06 9:10 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Leland, Sorry 'bout your foot...have you been to the doctor? purple and ugly does not sound good with flip flops...ya may wanna check on that girl... Feel Better! Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views